Pumpkin Spice Latte
The drink has arrived early this year, and Twitter users have plenty to say. (Image via POPSUGAR Fitness).

5 of the Internet’s Best Reactions to the Return of the Pumpkin Spice Latte

I've already had three.

Today is the day: The seasonal Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks is back. Not only does its release signify the official beginning of fall (who pays attention to the actual calendar, anyway?), but 2018 is also a celebration of the drink’s 15th anniversary.

Since its original release in 2003, the Pumpkin Spice Latte, which has been coined as “basic,” has made over $70 million for Starbucks.

Although many pumpkin fanatics will be flocking to the nearest store to get their first taste of fall, others will be avoiding the Pumpkin Spice Latte like the plague.

There are mixed emotions regarding the drink — some people believe it is delicious while others think it is disgusting or just not worth the hype. A lot of Twitter users are also confused as to why the company is releasing the hot, fall-flavored drink while it is still summer.

Here are some of the best reactions to the annual release of the Pumpkin Spice Latte from people who both love the flavored drink and from those who absolutely despise it.

1. Pumpkin Spice Latte

https://twitter.com/TheRealPSL/status/1034412933755756544

Well, in case you were not aware, there is a verified Pumpkin Spice Latte account on Twitter, which has a profile picture of the Starbucks drink wearing a pair of orange sunglasses.

The profile brings the drink to life, as it can be seen wearing rain boots, snapping pictures of the world’s largest pumpkin and rollerblading. On Aug. 8, the Pumpkin Spice Latte announced it would be signing off of social media for a short time.

As of the present, however, the little drink is back.

2. Troy Police Department

Don’t panic! The Pumpkin Spice Latte may be sold out at certain stores, but the Troy Police Department is urging citizens not to call the emergency number about the issue.

Everything is under control. There is a lot more time to catch the drink at your local Starbucks.

3. USA Today

Clearly this publication is excited that the Pumpkin Spice Latte is back. Their tweet is complete with a GIF of Vector from “Despicable Me” and a link to an article about the release of the beloved fall staple.

Their article contains more information, including the drink’s average price range and its nutritional value.

4. TrivWorks

This Twitter account is clearly not a fan of the Pumpkin Spice Latte. It believes that the appropriate manner to consume the drink is to throw it away and dispose of the cup.

I guess the people at TrivWorks will not be running to their nearest Starbucks any time soon.

5. Hannah Long

https://twitter.com/hannahlanggg/status/1033920880731189248

Warning: Pumpkin Spice Lattes may cause reckless driving. Be aware of crazy drivers and stay out of the way of anybody heading to Starbucks.

The consequences are unknown but potentially deadly for disrupting someone on their way to get the drink.

6. Rex Huppke

There is always a way to add a political twist to something, even a Starbucks drink.

Since Donald Trump usually finds a way to be in the spotlight, this user is certain that the president will focus all the attention about the drink on himself.

Regardless of how Twitter users feel about the Pumpkin Spice Latte, one thing is clear: in less than 24 hours after its release, a lot of people are talking about it.

Alexis Rogers, Temple University

Alexis Rogers

Temple University
Journalism and Spanish