sneaker

The Hottest Kicks of October 2019: A Sneaker Drop Guide

From Nike to Adidas and everything in between here's a guide to this month's hottest new drops. There's even a sneaker perfect for Halloween.

September 2019 was a magical month for sneaker fans. From the Yeezy Boost 700 to the brand new NMD R1 pack, people everywhere were blessed with drop after drop of beautiful shoes. But with a new month comes more to look forward to. Here are the most anticipated shoes being released this October.

Adidas LXCON 94 Hi Res Aqua

The LXCON 94 first hit shelves in 1994, hence its name. It was originally marketed as a supercharged running shoe, but after 25 years it’s back on the market as a trendy sneaker bringing with it a taste of authentic ‘90s swag. The toe, side panels and tongue are made of a vibrant aqua mesh with a bright orange inner liner to complement it. The three stripes, overlay, heel and laces are in black, and its white midsole combined with a gum rubber outsole gives this revamp a classic touch. The Hi Res Aqua drops Oct. 1, and you can find it either on adidas.com or Ebay.com.

null
Extra 20% Off Sale with code FALL20 at adidas.com

Nike Air Force 1 Low “What The LA”

Also coming Oct. 1 is a wacky version of Nike’s iconic Air Force 1 Low. It’s a variation of Nike’s mismatching theme, called “What The,” celebrating everything Los Angeles. A multitude of materials went into the making of these sneakers: suede, leather, mesh, even baseball stitching on the left shoe’s medial side and basketball-like leather on the right medial Swoosh. Los Angeles markings on both the heels and insoles with speckled midsoles complete this unique style. Whether you’re from LA and looking to rep your city, or you simply want to turn heads, be sure to check these out on Kixify.com.

3M x Adidas Nite Jogger (Core Black and Footwear White)

In July of 2019, Adidas launched their Nite Jogger 3M Project by partnering with 3M Scotchlite, the world’s leading producer of high-visibility reflective materials. Inspired by a 1970s version of Adidas running shoes, the Nite Jogger was designed to help people running at night be more visible, creating a modern, stylish sneaker in the process. The 3M Project edition features embroidered stripes with 3M Scotchlite patented reflective material on the forefront, heel and sides of the shoe. To wrap up the design, an oversized reflective 3M logo is placed on the medial side. This month, the project continues with the release of the Core Black and Footwear White Nite Joggers on Oct. 3, available on adidas.com/nitejogger.

null
The Nite Jogger, child of Adidas and Scotchlite, features some nice reflective material.

Adidas Ultra Boost 1.0 (Solar Red and Solar Yellow)

The Ultra Boost premiered in 2015 as the perfect versatile shoe. Need to go for a run? Ultraboost has the support and comfort you need. Just need a sneaker to finish your outfit? Say no more. Such is the Adidas way. Now, four years later, the Ultraboost 1.0 makes its entrance with more intense red and yellow shades called Solar Red and Solar Yellow. Both pairs contrast their new shades with black on the side panels, heels and outsoles. The signature white midsole and “Boost” branding on the outside heel finishes the design. They drop Oct. 3 on adidas.com/ultraboost.

null
Similar to Adidas Ultra Boost 19, the new 1.0 will feature some nice new features.

Nightmare Before Christmas x Vans

Vans is partnering up with Disney to kick off the spooky season in style with their new collection honoring Tim Burton’s Halloween classic, “The Nightmare Before Christmas. The sneakers are filled with graphics referencing the movie, from pumpkins and stitches to characters such as Zero, Sally and the Pumpkin King himself, Jack Skellington. Vans will use the ComfyCushion Authentic, Old Skool, Sk8-Hi and Classic Slip-On as the canvases for this eerie celebration. At this time, there is no official online release date. However, Vans retailers will begin stocking the creepy collaboration starting Oct. 4, so mark your calendar.

null
Available now at Journeys and Vans.com

Golf Le Fleur x Converse Chuck 70 “Flame”

Tyler, the Creator’s deal with Converse has spawned some true originals. None more so than the newest addition to the artist’s portfolio, which sees the Chuck 70 high-top reimagined. The design is kept simple with bright blue accents covered in fun cartoon flames, channeling Tyler’s “Cherry Bomb” album cover. The rest of the sneaker is kept as close to the original as possible, save the Golf Le Fleur insole prints and outsole covered in cartoon flowers. Get your hands on them starting Oct. 12 at Converse retailers and on Converse.com.

Travis Scott x Air Jordan 6 Retro (Medium Olive)

This one’s for the Travis Scott stans out there. You’ve been waiting for what feels like an eternity for this sneaker to drop, especially after Scott teased you by debuting them during his Superbowl 53 performance alongside Maroon 5. But it’s easy to see why the rapper’s followers have been on the edge of their seats for so long. The shoe’s dark green accent is complemented by flares of infrared, and the respective Jordan and Cactus Jack branding alternate at the toggles, heels and back pull tabs. The iconic collaboration also features a cargo stash pocket on the outside of each shoe with a crooked smiley on the inside flap. An official online release date still has yet to be confirmed by Jordan, but starting Oct. 12 the shoe can be purchased at select Jordan retailers and on StockX.com .

Adidas Women’s Ozweego (Icy Pink)

The 2019 rendition of the 1998 Ozweego is for the ladies. Unlike the Ozweegos of the past, this version sports a full leather upper section in soft pink, which highlights the hot pink stripes. Reflective trim is included around the eyestays for convenience and clear plastic tubing is placed around the laces and heels.

null
The popular chunky sneaker will soon come out in icy pink.

However, what sets these shoes apart is the elastic AdiPRENE midsole which provides extra cushioning to your feet while absorbing impact as you move. Walking in these is like wearing fuzzy slippers while walking on a cloud. These comfort machines are set to release on adidas.com Oct. 23.

UNDEFEATED x Nike Air Max 90

UNDEFEATED is a Los Angeles-based authentic sneaker store that has done huge collaborations with Nike, designing shoes such as the Air Jordan 4 and Air Max 97. The two brands are at it again, this time with an entire collection of Air Max 90s. Each shoe is made up of either a white or black leather upper section accented by a secondary color and has an UNDEFEATED logo on the dubrae and heel tab. The collection comes in white/red, white/blue, black/red and black/blue, and drops Oct. 25 on Nike.com.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1xHixBJOm4/

Air Jordan 1 Retro Shattered Backboard 3.0

Jordan’s “Shattered Backboard” series was designed as a nod to Michael Jordan’s slam dunk skills that left several backboards shattered while on tour with Nike back in 1985. The first two editions were so successful that a third is scheduled for release on Oct. 26 at Jordan retailers and Nike.com. The sneaker rocks a black and orange crinkled leather upper section, to represent a shattered backboard, with an off-white rubber midsole on the bottom. Despite what Jordan says, rest assured the use of fall colors for an October drop is intentional.