Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton
Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton

Why Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Are Hollywood’s Cutest Sweethearts

Shelton recently tweeted that he’s Stefani’s biggest stalker, which we're interpreting as cute.

In 2015, when it first came to light that Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton were dating, it seemed too good to be true. Shelton was well into his judging career on “The Voice,” where it was that revealed his sweet nature and sense of humor was just as golden as his smooth singing, when Stefani, global pop star and fashion tycoon, joined the show as a judge in 2014.

On July 2 Shelton tweeted, “So far @gwenstefani has performed 3 shows in Las Vegas. I have been to 3… #stalker.” Shelton has loyally supported his girl and often times watches her concerts with Stefani’s four-year old son Apollo sitting in his lap. In total, Stefani has three sons, and each seems very fond of their new friendship with Shelton and frequently makes trips to enjoy the wide open spaces on his ranch in Oklahoma.

One of the songs performed on her “Just a Girl” tour is “Make Me Like You,” a gushing song that Stefani admitted was inspired by her supportive man.

Shelton speaks in interviews about her with starry eyes and the attitude of a boy who scored a date with someone far outside of his league. But then again, it’s Gwen Stefani, so who can blame him? He revealed in a statement to People magazine that he would not change a thing in his life right now and that he would like to “ride this wave till I die.” Clearly, no one told this couple that the honeymoon phase normally lasts less than a year, especially in celebrity circles.

As if they couldn’t be more couple goals, adorable photos of the pair are abundant, including one of Stefani dressed as Daphne and Shelton in a Shaggy wig for Apollo’s Scooby Doo birthday last February.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfouI0fHFeQ/?utm_source=ig_embed

Previously Shelton was married to Kaynette Williams from 2003 to 2006 and later married to Miranda Lambert from 2011 to 2015. Like Shelton, Stefani is also divorced and married her former husband Gavin Rossdale, lead vocalist for Bush in 2002 until the pair divorced 13 years and three children later. 2015 was a year of loss for both Shelton and Stefani. As she sings in “Make Me Love You,” Stefani was “free before I met you / I was broken but free / All alone in the clear view, but now you are all I see.”

Despite tabloid rumors, the couple is reportedly not engaged or discussing marriage. After all, with such a good thing going, why make a change? Stefani and Shelton are an incredible music power couple, and Shelton’s faithful support of his global superstar girlfriend is another #goals moment for all fans to coo over.

Jamie Lovley, University of Maine

Jamie Lovley

University of Maine
Journalism and Psychology