Join a Dedicated Student Editing Team!

Spring 2018 Staff Editing Internship

For 4 months during the summer, spring and fall semester, Study Breaks offers an Editing Internship for a limited number of college students.

Student editors will edit, fact-check, and upload articles to the website; as well as provide feedback to the intern student writers.

Interns will practice and improve fundamental editing skills such as correcting typos, fixing stylistic errors, and punctuating phrases appropriately. They will also ensure the content is properly formatted and follows our writing guidelines. Interns will also be required to create titles, descriptions, and captions.

This program is designed to increase your aptitude for editing by providing practice and feedback. Every week, you will have individual sessions where the editing mentor at Study Breaks will review your work. This will help improve your own writing and analytical capacities. You will also learn WordPress basics; a popular Content Management System (CMS) that is used by many modern online publications to publish content.

This internship will give you the opportunity to network with dozens of student writers from across the country, as well as your editing mentor and Study Breaks staff. Your name will be included in the masthead and your profile will be featured on the website.

Requirements

No experience is necessary, the only requirements are:

• Current college student majoring in English, Journalism, Editing or some related field.
  • Have an .edu email address
  • Able to review 10-15 articles per week, which requires up to 15 hours a week
  • Punctual human being able to meet online weekly and adhere to deadlines
  • Fill out the application form online and include two non-fiction writing samples of any length

Specifics

• This in an unpaid internship. College credit is provided upon request.
  • Each internship term lasts 4 months and can be done on a schedule that accommodates to your classes.
  • The internship is remote, so you can work from wherever you are.

How to Apply

Fill out the form below. Specify “Spring 2018 Editing Internship” in the subject line and provide a brief introduction of yourself in the Message. Attach two non-fiction writing samples of any length to your application. Please make sure to use your “.edu” email address.
Alternatively, you may email editorial@studybreaks.com with the same information above.

Submissions are reviewed as submitted, with an approval response of about a week.