What You Should Expect from Travis Scott’s Upcoming Album

Rumor has it the project might even feature a Stevie Wonder collab.

On July 30, Travis Scott tweeted the release date of his upcoming album, “Astroworld,” along with an intergalactic trailer that featured one of the rapper’s new songs, titled “Stargazing.” The inspiration for the album title came from Scott’s favorite theme park in the Six Flags located in his hometown of Houston, known as “AstroWorld.”

Scott released two different artworks for the cover of his third album, both centered on the gold head of the artist, and these same golden head sculptures appeared in a variety of cities, including Houston, New York and Los Angeles.

David LaChapelle captured the cover photos, which depicted an amusement park during the day and night. The daytime version shows children holding typical treats from a park, while the night cover is a bit more X-rated, displaying various women posing in front of the statue.

Scott first broke into the music world with his mixtape, “Cruis’n USA,” and EP, “The Graduates EP,” which debuted in 2008. His first full album titled “Rodeo” was released on Sept 4., 2015.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl6F94FlTpW/?taken-by=travisscott

So what can fans expect from this album? Scott has been working with a large team of producers to perfect the album, including Mike Dean, Sonny Digital, WondaGurl, Wheezy, Nav, Amir “Cash” Esmailian, Franke Dukes, Gunna, Don Toliver, Sheck Wes and Allen Ritter.

According to NME, FKi first hinted in an Instagram video that the album might feature a follow-up track to “Drugs You Should Try It,” which was featured on Scott’s mixtape “Days Before Rodeo.” The artist’s single “Butterfly Effects,” which debuted in May, is expected to make an appearance as a featured track.

Scott confirmed during an interview with Beats 1 that Sheck Wes will be featured on “Astroworld.” There is also talk about possible collaborations with Kanye West, PARTYNEXTDOOR and Tame Impala, as Scott was seen in the studio with some of these celebrities.

Scott has always dreamed of collaborating with musician Stevie Wonder. Earlier this year, Scott said “My next album is going to have Stevie Wonder. Well, I’m trying. We’re talking.” On Feb. 14, Scott posted a picture on Instagram with Stevie Wonder with an earth emoji in the caption, and he has been using this same emoji on all of his recent promotions of the album. Does this mean the collaboration actually happened?

Nothing has been confirmed, so fans will just have to wait and see.

Alexis Rogers, Temple University

Alexis Rogers

Temple University
Journalism and Spanish