in article about part-time jobs, two people who work at a coffee shop

The Best Part-Time Jobs for College Students

Find something that pays decently and accommodates your busy schedule.

Want to earn some cash as you study? There are lots of things you can do. Students always need extra cash; you may want to buy a new vehicle, want money to pay bills, or save for a vacation. Part-time jobs can help you gain financial freedom and valuable skills like time management.

About 25.79 million Americans are working part-time in 2022, and you can be part of this group. You only need to find a job that suits your needs and doesn’t affect your busy school schedule. Here’s a list of the best part-time jobs for college students that pay well:

Tutor

Do you like sharing knowledge and helping other students succeed? Become a tutor. Tutoring is an excellent part-time job that doesn’t require much effort and time. The best thing about being a tutor is that you already know much of what you’ll teach.

For instance, if you are a math major in college, you can help high school students master their calculus skills. Tutoring has decent pay, and you can make up to $25 per hour.

Call Center Agent

You might enjoy working as a call center representative if you are naturally a good listener and have excellent interpersonal skills. You will be responsible for receiving calls from customers, actively listening to their requests, calling them back to respond to their problems, and providing solutions via phone.

Delivery Driver

Home delivery services have helped businesses reach more consumers and double their profits. They also make ordering stuff online easy for customers. Restaurants, pharmacies, fast food joints and online stores all need delivery staff.

However, to apply for a delivery assistant job, you need a personal vehicle. Reds Auto and Truck, a dealership that sells used cars in Colorado, advises aspiring delivery assistants to get a Volkswagen Caddy or Ford Transit. The more deliveries you make, the more money you’ll make.

Sales Associate

If you have an eye for detail and like guiding people, you can make money as a sales associate. You can work in a department store, an electronics shop, a boutique gaming shop and other retail outlets. The most important skills you need to qualify for a sales associate job include:

• Basic calculations and ability to handle money
  • Product knowledge
  • Interpersonal skills
  • Computer literacy
  • Persuasion skills

A sales associate can make up to $19 per hour.

Baby/Pet Sitter

Do you know babysitters make at least $17.73 per hour babysitting one child? This rate can increase depending on the state and the child’s age. Babysitting is perfect if you have a tight school schedule because you can even do some reading once the baby sleeps.

Pet owners also hire college students to stay with their pets as they travel for work or vacation. If you are looking for a part-time job that pays well and doesn’t require much effort, consider baby/pet sitting.

Part-time jobs can help you earn extra cash to pay your bills and give you financial freedom. But be sure to choose one that doesn’t affect your studies.