scholarship

Nancy Etz Scholarship Plus 7 Other Scholarships for Creatives

If you plan on entering a creative field, there could be some opportunities to alleviate your financial burden.

Now that the year is coming to a close and graduation is getting closer, it’s important to start looking at and filling out scholarships. College is one of the most expensive investments you’ll ever have, and scholarships can help take some of the financial burden off. The best way to win a scholarship is by applying for ones that apply to your situation or otherwise interest you. In this article, you’re going to see some scholarships that are great for those with creative minds, as well as learn important information about them.

1. Nancy Etz Scholarship

The first scholarship is the Nancy Etz Scholarship. It’s available to those that are high school seniors attending college or students enrolled full-time in a graduate or undergraduate program in the U.S. It was first created to recognize outstanding students to give them the resources they need to attend college and follow their dream career paths. The award amount is $1,000 and the deadline is Feb. 1, 2021. To enter, all you have to do is fill out the online form and submit a 500-word essay that answers the given prompt, which is: “Discuss a special attribute or accomplishment that sets you apart.”

2. Easter Scholarship

The Easter Scholarship has an award of $1,000 and is provided by MoneySolver, which is a private company that offers student loan resolution services. Anyone that wants to apply needs to be: 18 years old, a legal resident of the U.S., and will be enrolled in college no later than the fall of 2021. The winner will be contacted by telephone or email. To enter, you need to submit an essay, limerick or poem about why you like or dislike Easter. The scholarship can be used for future educational expenses or ones that have already been incurred.

3. The Paradigm Challenge

The Paradigm Challenge is another great scholarship for creative people. Those who are eligible need to be between 4 and 18 years old, have their parents’ permission and not be a resident from a country that is sanctioned by the United States. The deadline is May 1, 2021, and the award for first place is $10,000. Those in second place will get $2,000 and third place will receive $1,000. Participants can enter as a team or single person. The team or person will have to come up with a creative and kind collaborative idea that can help solve real-world problems, such as world hunger, pollution or fair medical treatment.

4. HWA $2,500 Scholarship

This scholarship is great for those that love writing about horror. The Horror Writers Association created the scholarship to help further the career of horror writers. The winner will get $2,500 that can be used for educational expenses. The application phase will open on May 1, 2021. To enter, applicants must submit an education plan and examples of their past works, as well as fill out the entry form. There are certain things the scholarship can be used on, such as course fees, resources like textbooks, writing guides, registration fees for one writing contest per year, subscription fees to two periodicals every year and membership fees for non-genre writing groups.

5. Pablo Neruda Prize for Poetry

The Pablo Neruda Prize for Poetry scholarship has a deadline of April 1, 2021, and the total award amount is $3,000. To apply, applicants must be a high school senior or an older student that’s interested in writing poetry. Applicants must submit one poem or a series of small poems that are between three and 10 pages. The first-place winner will win $2,000 and the second-place winner will win $1,000. Nothing that has been published before can be submitted and it must be an original work. The winners of the scholarship will be notified, and the results will be posted online.

6. ConnectHER Film Festival

If you’re into showcasing information when it comes to what young women and girls face in the world today, then the ConnectHER Film Festival is a fantastic scholarship opportunity for you. The application phase opens on Feb. 1, 2021, and the deadline is June 15, 2021. The finalists will be announced Sept. 7, and the award ceremony will come at a date after. To enter, the applicant needs to create a 3-6 minute film that focuses on a topic provided by ConnectHER or provide solutions for the topic. The film needs to be an original and can’t have any copyrighted material. Those that are enrolled in high school or an undergraduate program can enter. You can enter two films with different topics and there are several areas for people to win. The amounts are listed below.

— Judge’s Choice: First place gets $5,000 and the runner-up gets $2,500.

— Let Girls Learn: $1,000

— Green IS: $2,500

— Global Impact: $2,500

— Girls in Tech: $2,000

— Most Innovative Solution: $1,000

— Honest Beauty: $2,500

— Stand Up Men: $2,500

— GEMS’ Choice: $1,000

— People’s Choice: $2,500

— Best Film Production: $1,000

— Ending Violence Against Women: $1,000

— My Hero: $2,500

7. Create-A-Greeting-Card Scholarship Contest

With a deadline of March 9, 2021, there’s still plenty of time to apply for this $10,000 scholarship. To enter, applicants need to submit the entry form and their greeting card design. Every month, about 100 designs will be posted online for public voting. The most popular ones will keep moving up until a winner is chosen. The school of the winner will receive $1,000 for helping to promote their scholarship. Applicants must also be a legal resident of the U.S. and 14 years or older.

8. Anchell International Documentary Photography Scholarship

The final scholarship on our list is the Anchell International Documentary Photography Scholarship. It was created to help people have more personal involvement in various social issues. It’s offered to undergraduate or graduate students that attend full-time. Those that want to enter need to create a photo project that has to do with important social issues. They must also submit a 350-word essay about the project that includes information about where it’s at, who is in it, and why it’s important.

If awarded, these scholarships can really help those with a lot of creativity. Not only will they have fun filling them out, but they’ll also be more confident in their submissions. These are just a few out there and you can apply for both these and other creative scholarships you find.