High paying jobs
Jobs for college students

Best High Paying Jobs for College Students

Holding a job while studying in college can be difficult. However, with a bit of research, you can make a fair bit of cash. Read this article to learn about the best high-paying jobs for college students.

Many job markets are available for students who have not yet graduated or earned their degrees. However, that isn’t the issue though, is it? Working for your degree is demanding, hectic and time-consuming. Students often get burned out just keeping up with all their enrolled courses.

So, how should one make a living and complete their studies? You’re in luck. This article will list some of the best high paying jobs for college students who need cash but are also busy with school.

Driver

While your average New Yorker might use taxis for their daily commute, most of us just Uber. Not only are ride-share platforms like Uber and Lyft cheap for travel, but they’re also suitable occupations for students.

An average driver working as an independent contractor can make approximately $1500-$2500 a month. This isn’t a bad gig considering the current inflation predicament. Diving people from their pickup location to their destination is a no-brainer.

If you drive during the day, it’s not a very stressful job and you can pick your working hours. All you need is a valid driving license, an insured car, and a clean driving record. It’s one of the best jobs for students, especially those who don’t have time for rigid part-time job schedules.

Bartender

The average bartender makes between $13 and $19 per hour. Bartenders work at bars and restaurants, serving different drinks to customers. The primary roles of a bartender include preparing and serving drinks, interacting with the patrons, and taking orders from customers.

With bartending, you do need a bit of knowledge about different drinks and how to pour them, but this is something you can also learn on the job. Remember, it is illegal in most states for someone under 21 to drink alcohol. As a bartender, you will also be required to verify the IDs of customers to ensure they’re of legal drinking age.

Fancy bartending jobs, like those at posh restaurants and hotels, will require adequate knowledge of different alcohol-based drinks and serving skills. However, you can make decent money at your local bar as a college student.

Barista

Being a barista takes a little time and practice to learn, but it’s one of the best jobs for students. The workplace environment is quite fair and keeps one busy, too. Being a barista is not complicated; it can be fun once you learn the ropes.

Baristas earn between $12 and $18 per hour, depending on the workplace. They take requests, make different drinks, and sometimes handle the cash registers. As a barista, you might also be required to inform customers about promotions and deals, new specials, restock supplies and clean the workplace.

Content Writer/Blogger

Content writing and blogging are one of the highest-paying jobs for college students. Many people highly recommend content writing and cannot emphasize how helpful it is for struggling students. Not only will it help generate a stable source of income, but it will also help you learn, especially if you’re writing content that’s related to your field.

Many jobs involve commuting to and from work, which takes a massive chunk of time from your routine. Most content writing jobs are remote-based, so you can efficiently work from your dorm, house or even on campus.

Furthermore, content writing helps improve typing speed, provides information on many topics, and helps students earn a lot of money. The average blogger makes about $15-$25 per hour, but a professional content writer charges their clients per word.

Content writers typically write long-form posts ranging from 1500-2000 words. Depending on quality, a writer may charge as much as $200-$300 for a single post. The charged amount also depends on the level of research involved, difficulty and the type of topic.

Content writers focus heavily on the marketing, technology, skincare, and sports and gambling industries. Gambling is skyrocketing, and clients are actively recruiting part-time content writers to write reviews and casino articles.

Writing about bonuses and reviewing casinos can be enjoyable. The best part about content writing is gaining professional experience, which will work wonders for your resume. Plus, the time you save can be spent focusing on your studies, which will massively benefit you in the future.

Finally, content writing jobs are arguably the best for college students due to the flexible rates, which only improve as your writing skills improve.

Working as a full-time college student can be tricky. However, if you choose one of the jobs mentioned here, you should be able to make a good chunk of change while also giving yourself enough time to focus on your studies and personal life.