News & Politics

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The nuances of mental health can be hard to nail in fiction, but these novels do it perfectly.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

As the first Korean drama to be remade for American television, the show proves that a series can be bigger than its entertainment value.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As you might imagine, the debate is about much more than language.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Sometimes, health has nothing to do with whether you should get help.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

With tracking devices, helmet cams and improved camera mobility, bungled calls may soon be a thing of the past.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Preparation is the key to survival when a tragic moment occurs at a music event.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Creator of ‘Hamilton’ Lin-Manuel Miranda has put together a massive effort to rally Puerto Rican celebrities and send aid to the devastated island.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Identifying terrorism by its correct name is the first step in combatting the crime itself.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Puerto Rico is suffering from a severe hurricane that hit weeks ago, though President Trump’s delayed response suggests otherwise.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Seventeen older adults commit suicide every day for one hidden reason: The ignorance towards elders with mental illnesses.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The revisions of Title IX by Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos leave many campuses anxious about the future of sexual assault.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With insurance costs on the rise, it’s time to bring universal health coverage into the ongoing conversation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

President Donald Trump and the “Big Six” are already hitting some major tax reform roadblocks.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Of all the industries that Amazon has eaten, grocery shopping may prove the toughest to swallow.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Sean Spicer’s appearance at the Emmys has deeper implications than its face value.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

What Zadie Smith’s ‘White Teeth’ can teach us about tolerance and terrorism.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Under the recently passed Forever GI Bill, combat veterans will receive expanded access to higher education, which benefits them and the country they served.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

After war erupted as Yemeni native Nada Al-Thawr was leaving her country, the Mount Holyoke student has begun an aggressive campaign to bring her country’s plight to the attention of anyone who will listen.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Going forward, schools need to better execute sexual harassment investigations as well as investigate as independently and thoroughly as possible.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Of all the topics Trump could have discussed on social media, he chose to focus on athletes who refused to stand for the American flag.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If it’s still hard for you to wrap your head around last year’s election, Clinton’s personal account may help you come to terms.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

You gotta understand, bro, that going commando will make you feel in command, yo!

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

How to have faith in the democratic process.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The debate over which organizations are trustworthy and why we need to lend a helping hand.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Racial issues can’t be solved if people don’t understand them.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Hurricane situations can be scary, but also a bit odd.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Reversing DACA means exposing 800,000 young people to deportation, and the president himself may not fully understand the extent of his act

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

In their decision to directly reflect reality, creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk have broached any entirely new level of terror.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The latest entry in Sega’s classic franchise handed development over to the fans, and the results are convincing.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

After a years-long sabbatical, battle-rap legend Aaron Solomon has returned to the scene to prove that he’s still one of the greatest to ever spit.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Seeing is believing for many red staters, and the massive storm(s) might have finally knocked some sense into head-burying climate deniers.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As a student majoring in Journalism but brought up in the digital age, I’m in a unique position to assess the two mediums honestly.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Racial tensions in America are at their highest, but reading stories of marginalized people is one step toward education and rehabilitation of a nation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

From 1D fan to CEO, Nishiki Maredia, alongside co-founder Angela Jin, created the 1950 Collective, which has already netted over $300,000 in revenue.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With Donald Trump’s ultimatum to Congress, the program that was designed to protect the children of undocumented immigrants could be completely phased out by 2020.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Politically active athletes have a long line of history of not remaining silent, and Colin Kaepernick is no exception.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Lani Sarem’s YA fantasy novel ‘Handbook for Mortals’ enjoyed a short few hours as a NYT #1 Bestseller before accusations of foul play emerged.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The anarchist movement has been heavily criticized as their tactics are hypocritical and could be used to the advantage of Republicans.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

One side wants to murder everyone; the other wants to stop them.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

How Trump carefully crafted his public image from businessman to leader of the free world, and turned it into a nationally recognizable brand.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Understanding the history of Confederacy monuments as well as legal roadblocks in their removal is essential, no matter where you fall on the issue.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

As DeVos and the Trump administration reexamine the threshold of evidence needed to prove sexual assault, their critics point to the statistics surrounding false allegations.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As Senate Bill 4 comes into law, its similarities to another infamously racist piece of legislation are hard to ignore. Will it meet the same fate as the 1850 ‘Bloodhound Law’?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After every other host city dropped out, the IOC just narrowly avoided having to cancel the Olympics.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Now that several media companies have plans to launch their own streaming services, cable is beginning to look a lot more attractive.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

These books won’t tell you how to be a reporter, but they’ll show you how good journalism can change, or expose, social and political cultures.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sponsored x

Trump’s executive orders have covered policies in national security, infrastructure, healthcare, and trade, so it makes sense that up next on the chopping block is fiscal policy.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

With the arrival of the web retailer’s on-campus locations, the company is taking another giant step in disrupting traditional commerce.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

After five long years trapped by contract to an abusive music producer, Kesha returns with an album full of humility, love and integrity.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Does the show live up to the hype of previous Marvel Netflix series?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Two days after visiting Holocaust sites in Europe, I couldn’t help but worry as I followed the breaking news about the Charlottesville protests.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The internet isn’t trying to steal your boyfriend.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

By sending fifteen new songs to Adult Swim, legendary underground rapper MF DOOM has ended his three-year musical hiatus.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The indie production company made famous by ‘Moonlight’ has become a safe haven for cutting-edge flicks and new-age marketing.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Despite overwhelming statistical evidence to the contrary, society still treats rape allegations with skepticism. Why?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Physically following someone has become unnecessary.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

If you’re a young feminist and you want to have the literary knowledge to back it up, these are the books for you.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Based on the 1954 teleplay ‘Twelve Angry Men,’ the feminist reinterpretation asks critical questions about how much race and gender relations have really changed in the last half-century.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The influential, spiritual and ultimately suicidal founder of Pro Era will have an album of his unfinished work posthumously released on the five-year anniversary of his death, an event that remains shrouded in mystery to this day.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It’s all fun and games until Trump goes too far.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The rift between comedians and their audiences is nothing new, but the internet is.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As awareness of gender identity and its many forms becomes more mainstream, gender-neutral names are becoming more common, a trend that could potentially save millions of lives.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

Reyanne Mustafa and her parter, Kristian Krugman, turn unused food into protein bars, helping to alleviate hunger and change others’ perceptions of what food waste looks (and tastes) like.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

As an intern for the Blue Ridge Parkway, a national park that spans North Carolina and Virginia, the rising junior helps visitors appreciate the rich history of Appalachia.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

In attacking their school’s exercise initiative, the editors of UCLA’s student newspaper unintentionally demonstrate the problems of oversensitivity.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Given how critical music is to media, the real question is what took so long?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Last month at Comic-Con, the cable channel revealed the first footage of the soon-to-be-revived ‘Hey Arnold’ and ‘Rocko’s Modern Life,’ and ’90s kids couldn’t be happier.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

A guide to this summer’s rare celestial event, including what it is, when it is, how to safely view it and where to go for the full eclipse experience.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The hot new health fad, which calls for abstaining from food for long periods and then gorging yourself briefly, is almost brutal in its simplicity.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

The MassArt student and founder of the Green Arts Network brings Boston-area artists together to spur conservation-oriented change.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

When Peter Frates, the former Boston College baseball player who popularized the challenge, filmed himself being doused in ice water, he had no idea the impact the video would have.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The recent death of Kyara is just the latest reminder that though orcas die at an alarming rate in captivity, SeaWorld has refused to free its remaining twenty-two whales.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Though the competition is often maligned for promoting stereotypes, the organization has made positive changes in recent years and remains the largest provider of scholarships for women in the U.S.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

A recent NYU study of Donald’s Trump’s tweets has revealed the key trait in almost all viral content.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Go from being a couch potato to a couch professional, all while making money and enjoying a flexible schedule.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The movie adaptation of Jenny Han’s YA novel will bring substantial Asian-American representation to the big screen for the first time in two decades.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

No quick fix will ever replace a healthy lifestyle, and any diet that promises otherwise is a bad idea.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

While Christopher Nolan’s WWII production is getting rave reviews in the English-speaking world, some groups feel that the film glosses over their historical contributions.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The transgender community is fighting for gender neutral public bathrooms, but they aren’t the only ones inconvenienced by the lack of them.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Inspiration porn, which objectifies disabled individuals by pitying or praising them, remains one of society’s most cringe-worthy mainstays.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Like everything else, veganism exists on a spectrum. Where do you land?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Where other female rappers have broken into the male-dominated world of hip-hop by out-manning their competition, Noname flips the script, delivering soft, dense lines of poetry.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Spurred by suppressions of conservative thought on colleges across the country, state lawmakers nationwide are enacting legislation to protect a right that has found its traditional protector and prosecutor reversed.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The DuVernay test, named after the African-American director, assesses films’ racial representation in the same way the Bechdel test did for gender inclusivity.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The College of Holy Cross is just the latest institution to consider changing its mascot to reflect the times, but moves like these are rarely the social justice victory they hope to be.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Arena’s second stint as the USMNT coach matches an old wolf with a team of young pups. Will he be able to rescue the U.S. from obscurity?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

After more than nine seasons, the series has become an institution in the LGBT+ community. If it’s ever going to be mainstream, though, a few things need to change.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

There are plenty of ways to celebrate antebellum society that don’t involve commemorating the Confederacy.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Kamala Khan, a teenager growing up in Jersey City, uses the ordinariness of her life to subvert many of the stereotypes surrounding Islam in America.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Pop culture is full of problematic media, but finding pleasure in hip hop, ‘The Bachelor’ or ‘The Lord of the Rings’ doesn’t mean you can’t be critical.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The entertainment expo offered trailers and teasers galore, but, as usual, the biggest news was what Disney barely mentioned.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

The BU student, who split her childhood between Romania and France, is developing software to keep child refugees safe by allowing them to communicate with humanitarian workers.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

The UMass student, who has a last name built for politics, built himself a coalition of supporters through grassroots campaigns and encouraging students to vote.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Russia, Trump and the moral vacuum of the modern GOP.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The far right’s favorite insult is a reflection of what scares them most.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

In recent years, the network has produced numerous critically acclaimed, socially important dramas and comedies.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

The ‘New York Times’ copy editors’ walkout reveals the great paradox of modern journalism—there is more to cover but fewer resources.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

For a generation infamous for breaking from tradition, they seem particularly interested in their genetic heritage.

By

Responsive image
College x

Be prepared for possibly the hardest writing course of your college career.

College /// News & Politics x

Responsive image
College x

It’s much less fun than the popular “broke student” meme, and much more factual.

Responsive image
College x

For when the going gets tough, but your tough doesn’t want to get going.

Responsive image
Responsive image

Consider the myth of student-athletes having it easier than other students busted.

Responsive image

The emergence of multicultural Greek life has proved to be a haven for students of color.

Responsive image

Responsive Image

Majoring in your hobby may sound like a dream, but it can easily become a nightmare.

Responsive Image

If you’re having a hard time adjusting to college life, a dog as a companion may be a good solution.

Responsive Image

The pros and cons of purchasing your caffeine fix from various coffee shops.

Responsive Image

Every minute counts, so don’t spend ten of them looking for your syllabus.

Responsive Image

Having a chronic illness in high school can be difficult, but surviving college with one can be harder.

Responsive Image

Bows-N-Ties recently unveiled their Greek tie collection, a line of over eighty ties and bow ties perfect for representing your fraternity and looking sharp at the same time.

Responsive Image

None of them involve your academic advisors being at all helpful.

Responsive Image

If you’ve ever gotten lost on campus as a senior, this list will help you feel less alone.

Responsive Image

If I had known what I was giving up when I chose to stay in Georgia, choosing a college would have been ten times easier.

Responsive Image

It may have taken me by surprise, but joining Phi Sigma Pi was the best decision I’ve made in college so far.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Feeling emotionally naked and afraid in a new place? These tips will help you survive and break into a new culture with ease.

Responsive Image

Here’s how to stay up late to tackle that project/paper/test tomorrow with as little pain as possible

Responsive Image

Even regular colleges have their benefits for art students, but art schools also have plenty to offer.

Responsive Image

Choosing the right dog breed can be difficult, especially when you live in student housing.

Responsive Image

The truths of them have been debunked.

Responsive Image

If you have time between classes and are in the mood for something life-changing, give one of these videos a try.

Responsive Image

With the real world looming and the pressure of finding a job increasing daily, here are three ways to cope.

Responsive Image

When you delegate the writing of a large paper to a professional, you can focus more on the work’s intellectual content.

Responsive Image

Transitioning from college to the real world can be difficult. Here’s what to expect after taking your turn to walk across that stage.

Responsive Image

Use these resources to your advantage before you graduate; it will prove to be beneficial in the long run.

Responsive Image

Waiting to rush later on in your college career can prove to be easier and more fun.

Responsive Image

Your parents won’t be going to college with you, therefore it’s time to learn how to survive on your own.

Responsive Image

From lizards and snakes to millipedes and fish, a guide to the best animals for college students living in dorms, small apartments or shared living arrangements.

Responsive Image

There are some advantages of going to a smaller university and experiencing football season.

Responsive Image

Also known as ten classes more exciting than your standard Theatre Survey course.

Responsive Image

In the delicate balance between taste and convenience, these are the perfect recipes for students low on money, kitchen space and cooking acumen.

Responsive Image

Should you stay or should you go?

Responsive Image

Because, unfortunately, it’s still mildly unacceptable to wear sweats all day every day.

Responsive Image

If you want to become a good writer and fast, then this article is for you.

Responsive Image

End the stress over how, where and when to study. Your sign has all the answers.

Responsive Image

How much are you willing to pay for that A?

Responsive Image

These uncommon locations could change the way you spend your study time.

Responsive Image

Remember when you gave a crap?

Responsive Image

Step one: drop out and don’t write it.

Responsive Image

Going out doesn’t always have to be about getting sloppy and drunk.

Responsive Image

A warm bed in the peace and quiet rivals a wild Friday night.

Responsive Image

Both sides of the argument make valid points.

Responsive Image

Here’s how to do an all-nighter the right way so you won’t have to dig yourself out of a deep, sleep-deprived hole.

Responsive Image

If you’re feeling overwhelmed trying to pack up your life and head off to school, use these tips to help your move-in day go smoothly.

Responsive Image

Things you should know and things you will need when upgrading to an apartment.

Responsive Image

Don’t let moving into your dorm be an added stress to going to college.

Responsive Image

Consider my experience before buying into the stigma that commonly surrounds two-year institutions.

Responsive Image

Smells like team spirit!

Responsive Image

An examination on how much you can actually trust the system and what improvements can be made.

Responsive Image

Then, sit back and watch everything start falling into place.

Responsive Image

The proof is undeniable.

Responsive Image

For students thinking of pursuing a graduate degree, some important factors are often overlooked.

Responsive Image

Consider your physical and mental health before overloading your schedule with after school activities.

Responsive Image

This class is all the rage in socioeconomics these days.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

In the search for the perfect book bag and first-day outfit, these important items are often overlooked. Here’s your friendly reminder.

Responsive Image

Moving into college is notoriously chaotic, but these strategies can help you master the mayhem.

Responsive Image

Everyone needs a break from the daily grind, and college may be your best opportunity to get a hobby before you get a job.

Responsive Image

Add simplicity and bliss by living the hygge life.

Responsive Image

Newsboy caps and budget meetings aside, it’s a pretty fun place to work.

Responsive Image

Jumping back into intense study sessions can be difficult, but these chill tunes will make it a little more enjoyable.

Responsive Image

Because walking to the mini-fridge and back doesn’t really add up like you were hoping it would.

Responsive Image

These smaller programs can do a lot to round you out as a student.

Responsive Image

Ask yourself these five questions to help you go from undecided to declared.

Responsive Image

You cram during school for tests, why not cram in some work experience over the summer?

Responsive Image

Not everyone will understand.

Responsive Image

If you’re trying to live a heathy lifestyle but your sweet tooth tends to get the best of you, try these delicious low-calorie snacks instead.

Responsive Image

You’re going to want to write these down.

Responsive Image

For the uninitiated, here’s a taste of the weird micro-communities that are Christian colleges. And for the initiated—can I get an amen?

Responsive Image

For starters, you don’t dread it anymore.

Responsive Image

Decorating hacks that will help you make your dorm feel like home, without breaking any rules or incurring any fines.

Responsive Image

Think you have what it takes to be a software developer? Before enrolling in a master’s program, make sure you have these six qualities.

Responsive Image

Let the spending of money begin.

Responsive Image

Even as college becomes more expensive than ever, having your bachelor’s degree is becoming more of an expectation than ever.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

If you want to try your hand at remote work, consider tutoring, editing or transcribing for a simple, lucrative part-time job.

Responsive Image

Which also means you can’t forget your backpack!

Responsive Image

From air-freshening bamboo palms to multipurpose aloe vera, these are the most low-maintenance, student-friendly plants you can get.

Responsive Image

Going abroad is fun, but remember to plan for the unexpected, especially when it comes to staying in a stranger’s home.

Responsive Image

Because there’s no way you do it alone.

Responsive Image

Don’t let FOMO decide your fate.

Responsive Image

No, you’re not seeing double.

Responsive Image

With the booking app’s help, you can finally travel and live like everyone else on your Instagram.

Responsive Image

Finding friends in college is important, but finding time to be alone is essential.

Responsive Image

Take it from someone who goes to one of the largest universities in the world—big schools might be intimidating, but they’re so worth it.

Responsive Image

From making ambitious plans you’ll never keep to counting down the days till school returns, your summers are a lot less unpredictable than you think.

Responsive Image

Once you can do everything on this list, you’re officially an adult.

Responsive Image

As the seminal collection from Joan Didion turns fifty, here are four of its best, most perfectly preserved lessons about youth and growing up.

Responsive Image

If you’re tired of dining hall food or delivery fees from Postmates, here’s where to start.

Responsive Image

You’re going to drink a lot of coffee in college, so you might as well find your favorite way to make it.

Responsive Image

Not one of which is ‘doesn’t take attendance.’

Responsive Image

According to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse, one in five college students suffers from Alcohol Use Disorder.

Responsive Image

Do you recognize yourself in any of these scientific explanations for procrastination?

Responsive Image

You’ve made it into adulthood at last, but the most annoying affliction of adolescence has hitched a ride. How do you deal? Follow these tips.

Responsive Image

When your bank account tells you it’s time to get a job, look no further than your own university.

Responsive Image

With smart budgeting and a few tricks, stretching your bank account till payday never seemed so doable.

Responsive Image

Know a student filmmaker? Make sure they have these essentials!

Responsive Image

You belong on campus. Misogynists don’t.

Responsive Image

Keeping your relationship at an acquaintance level actually comes with a lot of benefits.

Responsive Image

Many colleges are moving away from using standardized testing scores to determine a student’s potential, but why?

Responsive Image

From Band-Aids to barf to building a community, your local RA is ready to help.

Responsive Image

You’re going to have to make a new schedule every semester, so why not do it right?

Responsive Image

If you want to stay mentally fit for next semester, try one of these activities.

Responsive Image

You’ll be thankful later when you can fix any wardrobe malfunction or clean any surface.

Responsive Image

Siestas are an integral, precious component of college life. Here’s a guide to getting the best rest—so you can pass that test and party like a pro.

Responsive Image

More money, fewer problems.