News & Politics

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Canadians mourn the loss of 16 people who died in the Humboldt Broncos bus crash, with the Saskatchewanian families affected receiving overwhelming support.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Nothing reflects a bright future quite like 947 solar panels.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The non-lethal shooting has raised questions about what campus police should and should not be able to do.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Call them what you want to, but the vape gods are here to stay.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After decades of silently dealing with low wage and under-equipped working environment, teachers in Kentucky and Oklahoma have decided to raise their voice.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Opponents are using ignorance to justify killing black women. Luckily there are ways to stop these attacks from happening.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The alleged incident, in conjunction with Larry Nassar’s felonies, paint the picture of a university intent on covering up the crimes of its athletics community.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The man accused of murdering college student Jacqueline Vandagriff says her dying caused him to ‘panic,’ dismember her body and light it on fire.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

Room-scale VR allows participants to have an open-minded experience of journalism.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

In a controversial op-ed, columnist James Bovard refuted reports about food insecurity on college campuses, instead calling students ‘overweight and lazy.’

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Millions of people who downloaded the app ‘This is your Digital Life,’ as well as friends of those users, are set to receive messages in the coming days.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The Facebook CEO used the response ‘I’ll have someone on my team get back to you’ so many times that Twitter users created a drinking game out of it.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Being stopped by a police officer is definitely not a great way to end the day, especially if it’s just for broken taillights.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The party is grappling over whether to encourage calls for impeachment or ignore them, as both devalue the democratic process.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Educators across the country are calling for an end to the ‘war on public education,’ claiming their pay and funding have shrunk to impossibly low levels.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After years of dodging requests to appear before Congress, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg will finally answer their questions this week.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Andrew Dorogi, an economics major and senior at Amherst College in Massachusetts, died after falling onto train tracks in Mexico City.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Several uncommon elements of the April 3 shooting at YouTube headquarters have thrown analysts for a loop.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Stormy Daniels, the adult film star embroiled in a sex scandal with President Trump, should not be dismissed due to her profession.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After Snapchat’s horrible update, Instagram’s new algorithm and Facebook’s privacy scandals, should you start using Vero instead?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

According to the suit, a ‘diversity quota’ at Harvard forces Asian-American students to score higher on the SAT just to be competitive with their white counterparts.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

At Pasadena City College, for instance, the number of students whose parents make more than $100,000 has increased from 197 in 2007 to 828 in 2017.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

President Trump is notoriously known for using gun violence to draw attention away from the lack of gun control in America.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Deadline broke a heated story accusing Nickelodeon money-maker Dan Schneider of abusing young stars in his own shows after a sudden exit.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

How Kenya’s ban of forced anal exams on suspected gay men can influence LGBT change.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The conservative media outlet, somewhat hypocritically, forced anchors nationwide to read a script designed to stoke fears of media bias.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Sen. Jeff Merkley of Oregon has proposed legislation for the Debt-Free College Act, which aims to combat mounting student debt.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The conservative vice president has been vocal about his opposition to the ‘gay agenda’ from the start of his political reign.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

After losing a handful of national advertisers, Ingraham was suddenly feeling very apologetic.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The 22-year-old is the latest black man to be unjustly killed for a crime he had nothing to do with.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In a statement, the president, whom 15 women have accused of sexual misconduct, implored audiences to heed the claims of sexual-abuse victims.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Given that the standard procedure is to shy away from such definitive language, Austin police chief Brian Manley’s statement took many by surprise.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The controversy is the latest in a series of blows to the reputation of the historic HBCU, whose president students are now demanding resign.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Middle Tennessee State University is the latest recipient of a grant from the foundation, which has a history of using such agreements to advance their political agenda.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The social media platform you loved in middle school isn’t what it used to be.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

These careers are the most likely, statistically speaking, to help you become a billionaire.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Because it’s incredibly believable that the Parkland survivor would rip up the Constitution.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Until April 15, the planet Mercury will be in retrograde. Why does this matter? It doesn’t, not really — but astrologers will tell you otherwise.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The future of cryptocurrency looks potentially unstable, as government institutions and major advertising platforms warn against their risks.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Incorporating elements from multiple human rights movements, the March for Our Lives in New York continues to remind us of the urgent needs for social changes.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As a 9-year-old in Topeka, Kansas, Linda Brown Thompson’s desire to go to school with her friends would later change the course of history.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Across the country, a handful of states and pioneering student groups have paved the way for no-cost tampons and other feminine hygiene products.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After the president’s first ban on transgender military service was struck down, the commander in chief has proposed an amended version of the first policy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Don’t let people tell you that your vote does not matter. It does, especially if you are wishing for a change to happen.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The upcoming vote on Proposition 1 will not be cast in the traditional way since Anchorage has opted for the vote-by-mail system.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After discovering the breach two years ago, Facebook first moved to sue the news outlets intent on reporting it. Now, Zuckerberg is changing his tune.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

As long as we still have the ‘missed connections’ page, Craigslist romance will live on.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

I went to the March for Our Lives in Washington, D.C., on March 24th, and it will probably be the most important thing I’ve ever done.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The shooting, which occurred just days before the March for Our Lives protest and took the life of Jaelyn Wiley, is the 18th school shooting of 2018.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The University of Hawaii Maui College is taking advantage of its ample sunlight and conservation-minded student body to transition to renewable energy sources.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Can someone be a member of the LGBT+ community and still be homophobic? Absolutely, and it happens more often than you’d think.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Rihanna-1, Snapchat-0.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Jake Paul made a documentary titled ‘It’s Time to End School Shootings,’ but his efforts were too little, too late.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// TV & Film x

Former President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama are setting new communication standards for politicians now that they are in negotiations with Netflix.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The 24-year-old white male took his life yesterday, March 22, before he could be apprehended by the authorities.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Accidents or not, students rely on the ride-sharing app and are anticipating the advent of its self-driving fleet.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Is society ready to tackle sexual harassment in the workplace effectively?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Despite their efforts, schools are struggling to keep up with the increasing rates of students with mental-health problems.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Investigators have begun to walk back the idea that the crimes are racially motivated, leaving detectives at a loss for a cause.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The proposal aims to reduce the amount of nicotine in cigarettes to just 20 percent of current levels.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The House GOP’s plan to change the federal-aid repayment system may cost community colleges when students drop out.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Ariana Kukors’s poignant letter helps bring to attention the years of sexual abuse in USA Swimming.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Several companies have posted about cutting ties with the NRA after the Marjory Stoneman Douglass shooting, and Amazon and Apple haven’t said anything.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

She may be one of the world’s most famous women, but was this too far?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Doug Ford’s strong managerial qualities as a former business leader and commitment to his brother’s politics make him a good choice for the role.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Threats to your favorite teams, upcoming free-agents and more to look out for this season.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The Wing and spaces across the country and the globe have emerged to provide a modern-day women’s club for working ladies.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

On top of being perhaps the most celebrated mind of his generation, Hawking was also an acclaimed author and wit.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The crash, which has several confirmed casualties, will also affect the FIU community, many of whom are on spring break.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Serena Williams’s traumatic postnatal experience sheds light on an issue that has long plagued black women in America: maternal death.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The classic recipe has been a big hit for years, but maybe it’s time for the company to step foot in a new market.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With the pervasive reality of gun violence in the United States, students need to have their voices heard on an issue that directly affects them

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

You might not be able to make it on March 24, but don’t worry; you can still promote the movement from your dorm room.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The 21-year-old, who is on the autism spectrum, was sent to jail based on suspicion that he carved a swastika and a racial slur into two Orange Coast College security vehicles.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In response to the gun control protests at Washington, D.C., President Donald Trump proposed arming teachers. But would arming teachers change anything?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Many of the 35 people who have left the White House previously held positions involving communications or worked closely with President Trump.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Each pair of shoes represents the life of a child taken by gun violence since the 2012 Newton shooting.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The bombings have killed two African-American males, aged 39 and 17, and have critically injured a 75-year-old Hispanic woman.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Reports indicate that Tillerson was unaware of his impending firing, which was announced as he was midway through a diplomatic trip through Africa.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

On its Instagram page, Hasta Muerte Coffee explained, ‘ … we are not alone saying police presence compromises our feelings of physical & emotional safety.’

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The programs pride themselves on offering a distinct kind of experience, one unavailable at any other school and often predicated on personal attention.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The laws grant both sides some of their requests, but leave no party completely happy.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The school’s Title IX coordinator is the daughter of the university president and has reportedly mishandled sexual assault on campus.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The debate between gun control proponents and gun owners wages on, but there are some valid points that debunk the arguments to continue current gun policy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Saudi Arabian women have long been denied the same rights as men, but things will start to change in 2018.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Marist College revoked its most famous alum’s honorary degree, and others should follow suit.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The West Virginia teachers strike is over. The questions it raised are far from settled.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Boycotting Florida for spring break might succeed in bringing the nation’s attention to the issue of gun violence, but not without dire consequences.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Keep your eyes and ears on these young people because they represent a very active face of the millennials, inspiring and making changes with every of their word.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

One protestor left a note reading, ‘The guy moderating the talk is on my course and he’ll have a difficult time once the strike is over.’

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Nearly two years after the state legalized pot, marijuana was nearly impossible to buy. Today, things still aren’t much better.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

In a move geared toward graduating and sending more high school students to college, the Los Angeles district covered the cost for over 4,000 students.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
College /// Culture /// News & Politics x

‘My sister and I shouldn’t have to relate the fact that we’ve both been abused,’ said the Michigan State freshman about Nassar.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

While the government won’t address the issues of gun laws, Bumble’s CEO, Whitney Wolfe, will.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The survivors of the Parkland Shooting are speaking out and speaking loud for change, standing for all the students in the United States.

By

Responsive image
College /// Culture x

Against the lucrative offer of special prices for students, the question remains whether the new iPad will make a technological difference.

College x

How taking a break from drinking for just a semester can help you serve the damage that alcohol can do.

Responsive image
College /// Culture x

Your 20s, especially your time at college, are for jumping out of your comfort zone, trying new things and exploring new cities.

Responsive image
College x

From leadership training to global food sharing, the annual TEDx NYU this year introduces the community to a span of visionary ideas that promise to induce global changes.

Responsive image
Responsive image

Responsive image

If you just finished your third tub of ice cream out of stress, it’s time to check out these Vines for a healthier and more waistline-friendly therapy.

Responsive image

Before calling it quits and declaring your roommate your archnemesis, read these tips to improve your roommate situation.

Responsive image

Everyone deserves a decent wardrobe without burning your bank, and this style bible is how you will achieve just that.

Responsive Image

Though your friends might be miles away, that doesn’t mean that you can’t be as tight-knit as you always were.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Should people put too much emphasis on what others do on their social media profiles?

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

What is it, who is it and what does it mean for college students?

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

With their full-time jobs and families, non-traditional students definitely have different college experiences.

Responsive Image

Words by Elise Bortz, New York University.

Responsive Image

The Parkland shooting survivors’ activism is just the latest in a long, proud tradition of student protest in the U.S. 

Responsive Image

Every college major and minor comes with stereotypes and misconceptions. Don’t be that guy who thinks they’re all true.

Responsive Image

As the madness reaches an astounding conclusion, here are some predictions on who will come out on top.

Responsive Image

Need help with a paper? Turn to a source who knows what they’re doing.

Responsive Image

Most of them include missing out on precious opportunities for, well, your laziness.

Responsive Image

College students popping Adderall or Ritalin isn’t a new thing. But those without ADD or ADHD should beware of the risks that come with it.

Responsive Image

Many brackets are busted due to the many surprising upsets this year.

Responsive Image

College life can be a little breezier with these items you might not have considered before.

Responsive Image

Some colleges fit and others just don’t. It’s okay to admit that one is not for you.

Responsive Image

If you find yourself overwhelmed with all the midterm tests looming after spring break, sit back, take a breath and follow these eight tips.

Responsive Image

If Cabo San Lucas isn’t on your spring break agenda, these eight things can be.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Lost your significant other to uncuffing season? Here are five ways to help you move on.

Responsive Image

Don’t let being stuck in your hometown over spring break get you down, there’s still plenty to do and more than enough time to sleep.

Responsive Image

Referees make mistakes just like the rest of us. If that wasn’t true, these four games from this year’s March Madness tournament might have ended differently.

Responsive Image

In a whirlwind of upsets and buzzer-beaters, March Madness kicked off in full swing in its first weekend.

Responsive Image

You would have gotten a letter grade higher if it weren’t for the pesky participation points.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Unfortunately, texting doesn’t count as essay prep.

Responsive Image

March Madness is finally here and the stakes are high, as always, thanks to many talented new players.

Responsive Image

Projected upsets, comebacks, turnarounds and more for the 2018 NCAA Tournament.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Safety comes first, and fun comes second.

Responsive Image

People often say one thing, but end up doing the other and college students are usually the ones constantly fighting to keep up.

Responsive Image

Don’t get sucked into the academic black hole that is your college GPA.

Responsive Image

Whether it is your first year or your third year away from home, as an international student, you will experience moments of homesickness.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Maybe it’s not such a bad thing that your advisor pressured you to take that seemingly useless class next semester.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Knowing the mechanics of the art of speaking leads to far more than just a good grade.

Responsive Image

As if the decision wasn’t hard enough the first time around, there are several things to consider before making your next move.

Responsive Image

You’re just one microwave and a few eggs away from eating like Gordon Ramsey.

Responsive Image

These five things created the best stories of your life that you will never get to tell because they didn’t actually happen.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Setting aside time to find creative outlets can help most students feel relief from the undeniable pressures of college life, whether or not they happen to have a creative bone in their body.

Responsive Image

Universities everywhere should offer emotional intelligence classes to address the care and keeping of one’s internalized feelings.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Ever try to focus on an empty stomach?

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Students everywhere are fed up with how their schools are using their tuition money, prompting them to want to be involved in the decision-making process

Responsive Image

St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner and for college students, there are so many ways to celebrate the super-fun holiday.

Responsive Image

Maryland judge Roger W. Titus has constitutionally okay’ed the president’s plan to put the decision in Congress’s hands.

Responsive Image

We all wish we could take a day off from work every once in a while, but is it worth it to take a mental health day? Absolutely.

Responsive Image

She claims that Westminster violated a restraining order and Title IX regulations by housing her ex-boyfriend too close to her.

Responsive Image

Many college students love having a sun-kissed glow, but going to a tanning bed every week isn’t the safest way to achieve the look.

Responsive Image

Those long nights might have bigger consequences than fewer Netflix binges.

Responsive Image

Blogging in college can be a real challenge, especially for English majors, but the process of blogging can be rewarding for any major.

Responsive Image

Since Geoffrey Chaucer published ‘The Canterbury Tales,’ satirized students have been a common trend in humorous rhetoric.

Responsive Image

Alligators, mosquitos and swamps, oh my!

Responsive Image

The Ivy League college will allow all gender identities to room together in whatever combination the individuals choose.

Responsive Image

To deal with the anxieties of college, find the rituals that help center you and then be intentional enough to use them.

Responsive Image

New York’s controversial practices regarding sexual harassment raise deeper questions surrounding entrenched gendered disparities on college campuses.

Responsive Image

UC Berkeley’s Ariel Parra captures stunning photos of what Cali has to offer its college students.

Responsive Image

A letter of recommendation is a definite way to stand out in a positive manner and is most likely going to be required at some point in your life.

Responsive Image

Sophia Amoruso’s ‘#GIRLBOSS’ is an inspiring book about the author’s difficult journey of creating a successful business empire.

Responsive Image

According to Forbes, the trend represents an ‘undeniable reversal of the historical norm.’

Responsive Image

With these handy tools, you’ll easily be able to cook like a pro on the cheap.

Responsive Image

You may have partied in high school, but college parties are on a different level, and you need to make sure you’re prepared.

Responsive Image

Union College’s discovery of a lock of George Washington’s hair in their library is bringing the 18th century into the new millennium.

Responsive Image

When cops searched two men outside of Gentile Arena, Loyola student Alan Campbell criticized the force being used and was then taken into custody himself.

Responsive Image

When studying in religiously sensitive countries, being prepared can mean the difference between enriching and endangering.

Responsive Image

March Madness is on the way, but who takes the crown this year?

Responsive Image

There are more fulfilling ways to spend spring break than on the beach; take a trip to the past instead and learn something new.

Responsive Image

The menu, which led to the firing of two Aramark employees, featured a host of stereotypical foods, including a Kool-Aid flavored water.

Responsive Image

The university received criticism after a student on Twitter noted the irony of the all-male panel concerning women in mathematics.

Responsive Image

Even though they’re busier than ever, the modern college student requires a lot more sleep than most are getting.

Responsive Image

Even if English is your least favorite subject, a creative writing course might help you find an appreciation for writing.

Responsive Image

Texas State University students struggle to solve issues while battling for their voice to be heard from campus leaders and administrators.

Responsive Image

Although esports is a young concept, many game design students benefit from the esports scholarships available across the nation.

Responsive Image

After working with with the charity Mx. WashU for two years, Olivia Williamson looks forward to her future as an educator.

Responsive Image

Spring break is known for parties and booze, but when drinking isn’t an option, this easy recipe for virgin margaritas may be just what you need.

Responsive Image

If, like me, caffeine does terrible, unspeakable things to your constitution, try these naturally energy-dense snacks to stay up sans espresso.

Responsive Image

If you expect to spend student loans on things other than textbooks or computers, think again.

Responsive Image

In a move that more accurately reflects the modern student body, William and Mary hired Katherine Rowe as their 28th president.

Responsive Image

The college freshman is the founder of Lunasonde, a satellite mining company, and has extensively researched both space and Parkinson’s disease.

Responsive Image

You may think that you have a perfect friendship with your roommate until their relationship starts to come into the picture.

Responsive Image

Though RBG applauds the #MeToo movement, she echoed Betsy DeVos’s sentiment that Obama-era Title IX processes denied the accused parts of their due process.

Responsive Image

Many people sport jewelry on their earlobes, but how many of these popular piercings do you have?

Responsive Image

It’s always been your dream to drown in books, right?

Responsive Image

Students argue that the programs essentially act as affirmative action for the wealthy.

Responsive Image

The recent ‘pig roast’ scandal at Cornell’s Zeta Beta Tau fraternity might be shocking, but it isn’t as unusual as you’d think.

Responsive Image

Don’t worry, seniors. Pick up your head and wipe away that drool — you will get through this easy 101 freshman class. Trust me on this one.

Responsive Image

Sometimes all the stress that comes with being a college student can make it hard to relax, but as always, there’s an app for that.

Responsive Image

College coursework can be arduous, but indulging in the perfect glass of wine for each assignment can make it fun.

Responsive Image

Managers and employers are finding that millennials lack a clear understanding of what constitutes professionalism.

Responsive Image

Although most students use the library, there’s plenty of other places where you can study.

Responsive Image

Being a black college student has its own struggles, but being a black student at predominantly white university (PWI) is a completely different ballgame.

Responsive Image

Writing application essays is a dreaded task, especially when it’s your second time. But don’t worry, transfer essays are easy to ace.

Responsive Image

In response to the broader #MeToo movement and its ‘Shitty Media Men’ list, senior Elizabeth Dunn leaded the names of 30 ‘men to avoid.’

Responsive Image

David Nadlinger took first place in an Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council competition with his minuscule, groundbreaking picture of an atom.