THE MAGAZINE

Responsive image

If you thought the only problematic characteristic about Rachel Dolezal was her identifying herself as transracial, you’re only scratching the surface.

Responsive image

The Oklahoma City University junior is a double threat with his major focus in violin and piano performance.

Responsive image

Take an online course from either Coursera, Udemy or Lynda to fight the post-grad blues.

Responsive image

Communications and communications-related majors are winning in every occupational sphere and here’s why.

Responsive image

Out of the wide variety of photo editing apps out there, here are some of the best ones to use.

Responsive image

Psychology student Gilmar creates the online safe haven ‘Asking Jude’ so that no one feels alone.

Join the Newsletter

BTS is approaching the singularity

This Month's Issue

Responsive image
Students x

Burke’s pun-loving, eccentric stencils took off by word of mouth after she began designing shirts for herself. Soon, Ides was born. 

Responsive image
Students x

Spearheaded by senior Vanjessica Gladney, the Penn History of Slavery Project has colleges across the country reassessing their ties to slavery.

Responsive image
College x

Cereal, the unsung hero of the dining hall, is always there, always reliable and always delicious. 

Responsive image
Students x

Jacob Hurrell-Zitelman founded Quick Sip Cold Brew Coffee around the idea of specialty cold brew coffee during his freshman year at Trinity.

Responsive image
Culture x

Free-to-play video games are making more money than video games you have to purchase at the store.

Responsive image
Wellness x

It’s time to your chakra and get rid of negative energy.

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

By creating The American Agora within the university, students of American University are promoting ideological diversity throughout their campus.

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Although the water is technically considered safe, Flint residents do not trust the water until all the pipes are replaced.

Responsive image
Culture /// Wellness x

Dr. Izzy Lowell’s telemedicine opens virtual doors for transgender patients in southeastern United States.

Responsive image
TV & Film x

Beat the heat this summer with these sizzling TV shows.

Responsive image
Culture x

What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you hear Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month?

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The controversial decision marks a break with decades of diplomatic precedence.

Responsive image
TV & Film x

This documentary will discuss the invisibility plaguing the lesbian community.

Responsive image
Culture x

Summer break has arrived and you need to fill up your free time with a museum or two.

Responsive image
College x

If you find that hard to believe, you might be part of the problem.

Responsive image
Culture x

Women receive mixed messages about how their ‘good girl’ persona might help or hinder their career goals.

Responsive image
Culture x

LeBron James might leave Cleveland (again) this offseason, and many teams will try to make a compelling case for King James to join their ranks.

Responsive image
College x

Being a recent high school graduate is great and all, but now is the time to prepare for the next chapter of your academic life: college.

Responsive image
College x

No matter how many college based movies or shows you watch, nothing will prepare you for the lessons you learn during your freshman year of college.

Responsive image
TV & Film x

This actress has been in more movies and TV shows than you realize.

Responsive image
Wellness x

Because I know those countless packs of ramen weren’t too kind to you.

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The popular ridesharing company says it will finally allow accusers to take their cases to court.

Responsive image
TV & Film x

The Netflix teen drama had everyone binge-watching all 13 episodes of Season 1 last year and is now set to do it again with Season 2 this month.

Responsive image
Music x

Tejano music was heavily influenced by other cultures and its sound has been the musical backbone of Texas and its culture since the early 20th century.

Responsive image
College x

College is when a lot of people experiment with Molly. If you’re going to try it at all, try it safely.

Responsive image
TV & Film x

As one of the earliest and most badass Avengers, fans think it’s time for a ‘Black Widow’ solo film.

Responsive image
Culture x

Looking for a good vacation spot? Look to the stars for your answer.

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Kilauea is happening now, but here are other volcanoes that people should have their eye on.

Responsive image
Culture x

If you can get your hands on any of these summer sneakers, you’re going to be the best dressed all season long.

Responsive image
Students x

A simple Facebook event led UC Berkeley’s Natalea Schager to fly out to Cusco, Peru in hopes of preserving the Incan Ruins in an AR app.

Responsive image
Music /// News & Politics x

Has the rapper’s recent behavior robbed him of his artistic achievements?

Responsive image
College x

College can be an amazing experience; however, there is a fear among students and parents alike as to how to even go about paying for it.

Responsive image
Music x

After a mediocre debut album, Puth’s ‘Voicenotes’ offers a great comeback for the artist.

Responsive image
TV & Film x

What the cancellation of ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ and the pick-up from another TV network can do for the show’s already famous diverse cast and representation.

Responsive image
Students x

University of Texas student Jacqueline Gibson is using her personal experiences and education to help the underrepresented people in her communities.

Responsive image
Culture x

Racism is still thriving in American society, and these promposal signs are proof that younger generations are still not willing to let it go.

Responsive image
Reads x

It wouldn’t hurt you to read at least one book this summer.

Responsive image
Culture x

Before the digital age, the experience of being a fan vastly differed from how it is today. Then came along stan Twitter.

Responsive image
Uncategorized x

Some gems can only be uncovered by time, and these one-season shows are among them.

Responsive image
TV & Film x

It’s not only a documentary; it’s a reflection of what is happening right now.

Responsive image
Music x

Fans point to the song’s parallels to the Greek myth of Narcissus, in which a self-obsessed protagonist commits suicide.

Responsive image
Culture x

Everyone is excited about their coming baby, but it is not an excuse to involve absolutely everyone you know in a gender reveal party.

Responsive image
Culture x

Like any art form, impressive cosplay requires insider knowledge.

Responsive image
Students x

How scholarship winner Chloe Green is working toward food justice and security.

Responsive image
Culture x

‘Secret Hitler,’ the Kickstarter Cinderella-story, combines social deduction and harrowing political innuendo.

Responsive image
Music x

Shawn Mendes already has fans dancing around the room and connecting emotionally with his self-titled album.

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Across the country, majors and standardized curricula are becoming a relic of the past.

Responsive image
Students x

As a graduate of the University of North Texas and current student at Texas A&M-Commerce, Whitaker is coming up with something foreign.

Responsive image
Culture x

A new ‘Harry Potter’ themed game is meeting the same popularity that other ‘Potter’ spin offs have met.

Responsive image
College x

Your university isn’t inferior just because it has a higher acceptance rate.

Responsive image
College x

Here are a few ways to make the most of the 3-month break from school.

Responsive image
Music x

Despite being surrounded by controversy, Myrkur continues to surprise audiences with her undeniably beautiful sound.

Responsive image
Culture x

Bad at love? More like bad at picking up on social cues.

Responsive image
Students x

The UC Berkeley student has sparked a new and exhilarating path for herself by becoming a stand-up comedian.

Responsive image
Culture x

Businesses actively work to make the most money out of you, so it is time you know what exactly you are buying.

Responsive image
Students x

Influenced by two important women in her life, Healey decided to join the committee for Elon’s 24-hour dance marathon to raise money for the local children’s hospital.

Responsive image
Culture x

Whether you’re new or have extensive writing experience, there are plenty of sites that can help you become a freelance writer.

Responsive image
Students x

In an industry with an abundance of mainstream talent, Allison Altschiller is paving her own way through music.

Responsive image
TV & Film x

Many of Freeform’s original series address important, often underrepresented communities.

Responsive image
College x

You’ve finally finished college, and now it’s time to find a job and settle into the daily grind of responsible adulthood.

Responsive image
Students x

Andrew Watring of American University confronts the issue of racism in classic theater in his bold new play ‘Shakespeare is a White Supremacist.’

Responsive image
College x

Think twice before enrolling in a class just because you saw a negative review.

Responsive image
TV & Film x

Jon Chu’s ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ gives people of the Asian community the representation it deserves in this comedic film.

Responsive image
TV & Film x

The ‘Avengers’ actress revealed that the Marvel women are ready for an all-female film.

Responsive image
Culture x

Don’t let the unexpected prevent you from having a blast this summer.

Responsive image
College x

Even as you achieve more and more in your life, you may still find yourself doubting your own abilities.

Responsive image
TV & Film x

The Netflix Original is an intimate and refreshing portrait of the complexities of black student life at predominately white institutions.

Responsive image
College x

Graduation brings both excitement and worry, but you have these tips to armor yourself against future difficulties, especially with job finding.

Responsive image
Culture x

No one does the battle royale genre better than Epic Games, the developers of the massively popular game.

Responsive image
Culture x

A look into the scandal that has postponed one of the most elite awards in the world.

Responsive image
College x

There you are, taking your last exam ever as a senior, and these questions hit you. What will life really be like after graduation?

Responsive image
Culture x

If you’re unsure which potato chip flavor matches your personality, look no further!

Responsive image
Culture x

I thought by the time I got to college you’d play a smaller role in my life. I couldn’t have been more wrong.

Responsive image
TV & Film x

When it comes to content, borders don’t exist.

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After the death of a bulldog on a United flight in March, PETA and other animal rights activists have rallied against the airline.

Responsive image
News & Politics x

While Trump criticized the agreement as being too lenient on Iran, critics fear the retreat will antagonize diplomacy efforts.

Responsive image
Culture /// Music x

BTS’s unique use of social media has fostered the growth of a multi-language fan base like nothing that has been seen before.

Responsive image
Culture x

For better or for worse, you being broke is no longer an excuse.

Responsive image
Uncategorized x

From babies to weddings to fashion, Americans care more about what happens in the British monarchy’s life than their own government.

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

New theories have emerged in favor of the flat Earth, or so Flat-Earthers say.

Responsive image
College x

The reward of drinking water instead of vodka is that you get to see people’s most hilarious moments when the alcohol starts to kick in.

Responsive image
Culture /// Music x

In her new album ‘Dirty Computer,’ Janelle Monáe reminds us once again why she’s one of the best political artists out there.

Responsive image
Music x

Singing songs from all 6 albums and multiple costumes changes, Swift delivers a performance you are not bound to forget.

Responsive image
Culture x

That time of the year everyone counts down for and dread at the same time is finally upon college students: finals week.

Responsive image
Culture /// Music x

The animosity and beef fabricated by society and placed on female rappers in contrast to males is a sign that misogyny still exits in the arts world.

Responsive image
Culture /// Wellness x

Known as PCOS, the syndrome prevents between 8 – 20 percent of women from having their periods and often goes undiagnosed until your twenties.

Responsive image
Culture x

It’s always 4/20 in this yoga class.

Responsive image
Culture x

If you don’t have an Instagram account, no worries — everyone hates it (but will still use it despite your absence).

Responsive image
College x

A few pointers to help you make sure your graduation cap is the best-decorated cap on campus, without going overboard.

Responsive image
Students x

The University of Florida senior used her hobby to make her favorite singer, Lorde, a gift.

Responsive image
TV & Film x

Marvel films have an increasing amount of gender and racial diversity, so why not add queer representation to the mix?

Responsive image
College /// Reads x

Sorry to break it to you, but you probably won’t get an A if you rely solely on SparkNotes.

Responsive image
College x

Extra! Extra! Read all about it — unless independent student newsrooms disappear, and colleges begin to censor their journalists.

Responsive image
Music x

This might be the year we finally retire Diana Ross’s “I’m Coming Out.”

Responsive image
Music x

Police brutality, gun violence, media complicity and institutionalized racism all receive damning portrayals in Donald Glover’s new video.