Responsive image
Culture x

Venice, Telluride and Toronto have wrapped up their prestigious film festivals, and with that comes a new understanding about what the next Oscars might look like.

By

The Magazine

Responsive image

The University of Dallas’ student body president, Karmina Martinez Ruiz, reflects on being one of eleven children and the writing of Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

Responsive image

Emily Ratté spent the summer interning at Global Zero, and hopes to continue to work on nuclear disarmament and improved relations between East Asia and the United States.

Responsive image

UC Berkeley’s Adiba Khan has spearheaded a bill that would require California public colleges to provide on-campus access to medical pill abortions, but funding the measure has proved challenging.

Responsive Image

As an Amazon Best-Selling Author, Iowa State’s Sabah Ali advocates getting an early start on networking and entrepreneurship.

Responsive Image

Unlike most films, the latest work from Steven Soderbergh undersold and over-delivered.

Responsive Image

Making an effort to consume and support media about women of all ages benefits everyone.

Responsive Image

No more pressing the snooze button—the time to get up and be productive is now.

Responsive Image

Waiting to rush later on in your college career can prove to be easier and more fun.

Responsive Image

On her fifth studio release, Zika Rosa Danilova tries to reach great heights, but ultimately cannot fulfill her ambitions.

Responsive Image

This virtual reality program could make medical students more prepared when entering their first operating room.

Responsive Image

Your parents won’t be going to college with you, therefore it’s time to learn how to survive on your own.

Responsive Image

Just because you’re on the Itty Bitty Titty Committee doesn’t mean you ain’t pretty.

Responsive Image

From lizards and snakes to millipedes and fish, a guide to the best animals for college students living in dorms, small apartments or shared living arrangements.

Responsive Image

There are some advantages of going to a smaller university and experiencing football season.

Responsive Image
Responsive Image
Responsive Image

This Baylor University student is cleaning up her town one house at a time with her startup company, The Mop Mob LLC.

Responsive Image

Also known as ten classes more exciting than your standard Theatre Survey course.

Responsive Image

If you’re looking for some new tunes to pair with your late-night study sessions this semester, then check out these twenty songs.

Responsive Image

Reversing DACA means exposing 800,000 young people to deportation, and the president himself may not fully understand the extent of his act

Responsive Image

The show is altering a notably gender-equal competition, and it’s not a good thing.

Responsive Image

In the delicate balance between taste and convenience, these are the perfect recipes for students low on money, kitchen space and cooking acumen.

Responsive Image

In their decision to directly reflect reality, creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk have broached any entirely new level of terror.

Responsive Image

The latest entry in Sega’s classic franchise handed development over to the fans, and the results are convincing.

Responsive Image

After a years-long sabbatical, battle-rap legend Aaron Solomon has returned to the scene to prove that he’s still one of the greatest to ever spit.

Responsive Image

Most people develop their spending habits while in college, so hopefully you’re establishing some good ones.

Responsive Image

Nia-Renee Cooper was inspired by her grandfather’s fight with dementia to study neuropharmacology and behavioral intervention.

Responsive Image

After the death of frontman Ben Barlow’s dad derailed the British group’s tour, their newest work explores mortality from an intensely personal point of view.

Responsive Image

Because at some point in your life, you’re going to need to know this.

Responsive Image

Seeing is believing for many red staters, and the massive storm(s) might have finally knocked some sense into head-burying climate deniers.

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

It isn’t every day that a student makes a major scientific discovery.

Responsive Image

As a student majoring in Journalism but brought up in the digital age, I’m in a unique position to assess the two mediums honestly.

Responsive Image

Racial tensions in America are at their highest, but reading stories of marginalized people is one step toward education and rehabilitation of a nation.

Responsive Image

From the incredibly popular to the extremely niche, you’re bound to find what you’re looking for on one of these apps.

Responsive Image

Because, unfortunately, it’s still mildly unacceptable to wear sweats all day every day.

Responsive Image

Lilley, who won a national competition this summer in Switzerland with his quartet Saffer, has a ten-year plan to get his doctorate of musical arts.

Responsive Image

From 1D fan to CEO, Nishiki Maredia, alongside co-founder Angela Jin, created the 1950 Collective, which has already netted over $300,000 in revenue.

Responsive Image

If you want to become a good writer and fast, then this article is for you.

Responsive Image

With Donald Trump’s ultimatum to Congress, the program that was designed to protect the children of undocumented immigrants could be completely phased out by 2020.

Responsive Image

The first student to pursue a dual degree from two prestigious institutions also has a virtual reality music video titled ‘I Like.’

Responsive Image

The flaws of ‘Bojack Horseman’ and how Season 4 avoids them.

Responsive Image

Discoveries like this are always music to the ears and to the soul.

Responsive Image

End the stress over how, where and when to study. Your sign has all the answers.

Responsive Image

As prejudice continues to be on the rise, everyone should slow down and re-watch some of the amazing films that show audiences the way to come together.

Responsive Image

Disney’s recent history of introducing new, diverse characters has produced their first Latina princess.

Responsive Image

With all the stereotypes of painting teenage girls as phone-obsessed idiots, Dessen changes that image within her novels.

Responsive Image

This food delivery app is offering more options for hungry students in a college town near you.

Responsive Image

From “Danny Phantom” to “The Twilight Zone,” here are a few series that need to jump on the reboot/revival craze.

Responsive Image

Four historical myths that somehow became a universal truth.

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Sorry, the old Taylor can’t come to the phone right now. Why? Oh, because she’s taking over the music industry.

Responsive Image

These people make talking about their disabilities seriously entertaining!

Responsive Image

These uncommon locations could change the way you spend your study time.

Responsive Image

We’re not quite into the fall season yet, but here are some staple pieces to add to your collection.

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

The music today cannot compare to the greatness of the songs from the early 2000s.

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Are millennials spending too much time checking their social media accounts and not enough time interacting face-to-face?

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Motion picture movies produced today can’t compete with the quality of the DCOMs from the 2000s.

Responsive Image

Going out doesn’t always have to be about getting sloppy and drunk.

Responsive Image

From Marvel’s ‘Black Panther’ to DC’s ‘Justice League,’ a guide to five of the most wildly anticipated superhero films coming out in late 2017 and 2018.

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

What started off as an after-school hobby turned into an empire for Alexandra Hehlen, who is working to change the fashion industry as we know it.

Responsive Image

A warm bed in the peace and quiet rivals a wild Friday night.

Responsive Image

Mallori Bjerke, Boise State University student, has shown that being involved in multiple activities can help you to become a well-rounded student.

Responsive Image

We all know what ghosting is, but stashing is more subtle and may be even worse.

Responsive Image

Time Magazine has dubbed the devastating hurricane “the first social media storm.”

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

The beloved Adult Swim cartoon has become noticeably less interesting.

Responsive Image

Here’s how to do an all-nighter the right way so you won’t have to dig yourself out of a deep, sleep-deprived hole.

Responsive Image

With NASA facing another round of cuts, the status of the American space program is in question.

Responsive Image

If you’re feeling overwhelmed trying to pack up your life and head off to school, use these tips to help your move-in day go smoothly.

Responsive Image

Despite what people say, it’s okay to start college not knowing what to do because you still have time.

Responsive Image

Things you should know and things you will need when upgrading to an apartment.

Responsive Image

With Taco Bell harboring 32 percent of her blood content, Emma Lee Fischer captures the energy of concerts and the vibrant stories of the artists she photographs with her Canon 6D.

Responsive Image

Don’t let moving into your dorm be an added stress to going to college.

Responsive Image

Politically active athletes have a long line of history of not remaining silent, and Colin Kaepernick is no exception.

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

This is the story of how Johnson became a successful student—and there’s more to come from her.

Responsive Image

Consider my experience before buying into the stigma that commonly surrounds two-year institutions.

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

From rags to tags, the beginning of your graffiti career is just a can of spray paint away.

Responsive Image

This UTA student proves that childhood hobbies do not have to stay in the past, but can become a relevant part of one’s future.

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

This Emerson senior and rapper has worked tirelessly to meet his aspirations and produce something gorgeous.

Responsive Image

When a young local drowned in the ocean, the people of Corn Island never went near the ocean and most of them didn’t know how to swim, but Chapman University student had a solution for them.

Responsive Image

An examination on how much you can actually trust the system and what improvements can be made.

Responsive Image

The sophomore is now looking to give back to the organization that changed her life: the Shanti Bhavan Children’s Project.

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Lani Sarem’s YA fantasy novel ‘Handbook for Mortals’ enjoyed a short few hours as a NYT #1 Bestseller before accusations of foul play emerged.

Responsive Image

Then, sit back and watch everything start falling into place.

Responsive Image

There’s a double standard here that most people seem to willfully overlook.

Responsive Image

Masked by the adorable faces of potential pets, puppy mills are essentially factories motivated by profit.

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Whether you’re a long-time fan or just getting into the show, these five episodes will get you riggity-riggity-wrecked, son!

Responsive Image

Cornell University’s Caitlin Stanton is a force in the coding world who founded her own coding hackathon and program.

Responsive Image

Stanford senior Sandro Luna promotes nutrition among college students through Judo.

Responsive Image

For a series that has been so rich and layered in its earlier seasons, ‘Game of Thrones’ has become hollow in its final stretches.

Responsive Image

Boost Linguistics, co-founded by Ethan Bresnahan, seeks to optimize human communication to prevent misinterpretation.

Responsive Image

When lists come out ranking the princesses, it can cause more harm than good.

Responsive Image

The anarchist movement has been heavily criticized as their tactics are hypocritical and could be used to the advantage of Republicans.

Responsive image

After launching his web design business in high school, this Swiss entrepreneur wants to help other student entrepreneurs succeed.

Racial issues can’t be solved if people don’t understand them.

If you’re pumpkin obsessed like me, here’s a list of flavored products you never knew you needed.

Six years after the tragic death of his best friend Ryan Dunn, Bam Margera is getting sober and teaching himself how to skate again in the process.

Know A Remarkable Student? Drop A Tip.

Join the Newsletter

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Use these resources to your advantage before you graduate; it will prove to be beneficial in the long run.

Responsive Image

With Disney’s new streaming service being a part of the dozens of other platforms currently on the market, will people become tired of paying so much money for TV?

This Month's Issue

Responsive image
Students x

With her Wordcradle software, Gamma Phi Beta sister Sharon Chen literally wrote the website on book-creation.

Responsive image
Students x

Olympic medalist Jackie Galloway spends her mornings practicing taekwondo and her afternoons in an engineering lab.

Responsive image
Students x

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image
Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image