The Magazine

Responsive image

Through her filmmaking, art and political activism, UC Berkeley’s Rebecca Dharmapalan is working to spread the unsettling truth about sex trafficking.

Responsive image

Responsive image

The new Higher Education Access and Success for Homeless and Foster Youth Act, if passed, marks a significant step toward leveling the educational playing field for disadvantaged students.

Responsive Image

How the Danish concept of ‘hygge’ can help college students survive the winter.

Responsive Image

From San Antonio to California, the twenty-one-year-old Matthew Baiza is taking it upon himself to create change wherever he goes.

Responsive Image

Planning holiday gifts for your friends can be hard when you’re a broke college student, so here’s some DIY gifts instead.

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Inspiration can come from anywhere, and for this University of Michigan sophomore, it came from nature and a premature college injury.

Responsive Image

NaNoWriMo has arrived and that means writers everywhere are gearing up for the month-long writing marathon.

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

These scholarships are both a little bit odd and a lot a bit helpful. Do you qualify for any of them?

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Minnesotan track stars and boyfriends Brad Neumann and Justin Rabon have recently made headlines for being just that.

Responsive Image

Why we should all be terrified of the rise of the European far right.

Responsive Image

The challenges of being a non-traditional student can be daunting, but Nicole Spillane has ironed out the wrinkles.

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

The origin of the hashtag that sparked a social media uprising.

Responsive Image

When the show you love is no longer the show you fell in love with.

Responsive Image

As unpopular as some of her actions may have been over the years, there’s a lot to learn from Miley Cyrus.

Responsive Image

The last week of the semester doesn’t have to be the most stressful one.

Responsive Image

Are any of these on your course schedule this semester?

Responsive Image

Here are just a few light talking points for family dinners during the holiday season!

Responsive Image

This Boston College senior is helping companies across the country get better insight into the millennial mindset.

Responsive Image

This week’s local elections show a changing face for our legislators.

Responsive Image

Because who doesn’t want to take a trip to a dystopian future where teenagers are forced to fight to the death? May the odds be ever in your favor.

Responsive Image

A Canadian poet with a massive Instagram following published his first book, “Love Her Wild.”

Responsive Image

With plenty of jams to spare, music is the only positive thing  that 2017 has going for it.

Responsive Image

These four songs showcase collaborations between successful electronic artists and rappers that perfectly combine the strengths of the two genres.

Responsive Image

The brand is back, but one question remains: Is it still the same as before?

Responsive Image

Memes, jokes and many other seemingly harmless actions we engage in may have turned into a form of bullying without us knowing.

Responsive Image

Five ways to commit to the writing challenge amid classes and approaching finals.

Responsive Image
Responsive Image
Responsive Image

New health care policies made by the Trump administration are going into effect soon, which means it’s time to stand up for women’s rights.

Responsive Image

Keep up with the bold, the classic and the ever-changing trends of fall.

Responsive Image

The recent Harvey Weinstein scandal, in which his history of unchecked sexual harassment became public, isn’t groundbreaking.

Responsive Image

Whether it’s a line on a resume or because you’re the next Mother Teresa, here’s how you can do well by doing good.

Responsive Image

With tensions running high between the mass media and political actors, one question remains highly contested: Should media outlets give equal time to all sides of a story?

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Stephanie Quintero, founder of Chicos and Kids, is on a mission to make teaching a give and take experience.

Responsive Image

Why young women should not be afraid of being tough and having a strong personality.

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Sophia Richards, Barnard College student and occasional model, wanted to fill a gap in the media by telling the stories of remarkable, fearless women.

Responsive Image

A malevolent clown, a depraved bastard and a troubled boy: Are one of these actors sinister enough to channel the Clown Prince of Crime?

Responsive Image

We all strive to have the healthiest looking hair, and these products make it possible.

Responsive Image

Bartol has some big city dreams and all the dedication needed to make them happen.

Responsive Image

It’s hard to have a conversation with those that have opposing views. Here’s how you can fix that.

Responsive Image

Struggling to find the perfect political commentary? Piker has your daily dose of news and politics while serving up looks you can’t resist.

Responsive Image

Being aware of what you post on social media can make or break your chances of finding a job in the future.

Responsive Image

Goddess parties are the new functions in which women’s empowerment is celebrated.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Graphic designer and visual artist Victoria Escobar, a student at Maryland Institute College of Art, steeps her work in anthropology, sometimes verging on the macabre.

Responsive Image

After a medical scare in high school revealed how acutely academic performance depends on health, UCSD’s Samantha Madala started the Healthy Scholars Foundation to ensure less-fortunate students had the same chance she did.

Responsive Image

As only a sophomore, SCAD student and Industrial Design major Ryleigh Tyson is already making history in the male-dominated world of collegiate fishing.

Responsive Image

Self-taught producer and YouTube savant Andrew Chellman has brought a decidedly futuristic sound to Carnegie Mellon.

Responsive Image

Bowling prodigy and McKendree University student Breanna Clemmer aims to lead her school’s four-year-old team to its second national championship.

Responsive Image

After witnessing the impact of her late sister’s organ donation, Chi Omega member Sara Miller has become a passionate advocate for educating and registering student donors.

Responsive Image

The Point Park University student has been making a difference in the lives of children as an intern at the very foundation that made her dreams come true.

Responsive Image

Columbia’s Anisa Tavangar, an Art History major and Editor-in-Chief of “Hoot Magazine,” has an ambitious vision for the fashion industry.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Southern Methodist University’s student body president David Shirzad talks about not having enough hours in the day and cooking mac and cheese.

Responsive Image

Bennington College student Asad J. Malik, also known by his alias 1RIC, seeks to bring the gruesome reality of war to the forefront with his latest project “Holograms from Syria.”

Responsive Image

With sexual violence crimes continuing to rise across the nation, we need to do something to prevent the tragedies striking today’s young women.

Responsive Image

There’s black music worth listening to that happened waaay before Childish Gambino.

Responsive Image

Watching movies and television in a projected format can boost your entertainment experience.

Responsive Image

When you think of the pork industry you probably don’t think of piglet safety, but Matthew Rooda does.

Responsive Image

These costumes are guaranteed to make you and your squad the life of the party.

Responsive Image

Brown University student Sebastián Otero Oliveras, an ethnomusicology major, is igniting social change one track at a time.

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

From Treat Yo’ Self Day to Lil’ Sebastian, “Parks and Recreation” is the heartwarmingly funny show that rises above the rest.

Responsive Image

And yes, the Louisiana State University student is challenging the status quo.

Responsive Image

Marshall’s third full-length release shows another young, once-in-a-generation talent for production, songwriting and artistry.

Responsive Image

With all the recent hype of King’s work being adapted into film and television, it’s time to take a look at some of his not-so-scary work.

Responsive Image

Is censorship in the wake of the Las Vegas shooting helping?

Responsive Image

UW-Madison student activist Katherine Kerwin has a bone to pick with pro-gun legislation.

Responsive Image

Does horror send you running for the hills? These classic flicks provide Halloween fun without the scare.

Responsive Image

Is Trump going too far to repeal and replace reforms under Obama’s administration? Or is he trying to make his own legacy as an American President?

Responsive Image

You may be new to the journaling scene, but you are not alone in this adventure.

Responsive Image

Every time the words “mass murder” are spoken, the plight and genocide of millions of Native Americans continue to be forgotten.

Responsive Image

Stanford junior Madeline Lisaius’ research combines language, forests and culture as she explores remote areas of the Ecuadorian Amazon.

Responsive Image

“Riverdale,” currently one of the hottest TV shows among young adults, depicts a surprising amount of social issues typically not characteristic of teen dramas. Warning: Spoilers ahead!

Responsive Image

A previous Society of Women Engineers president and student member of the Washington State University Board of Regents, Alyssa Norris is an extraordinary student who is having a profound impact on the field of engineering.

Responsive Image

Men who are willing to speak up can help the fight against sexual harassment.

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

The Nobel Prize and the history of modern literature.

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

What are the repercussions when schools cancel honors classes?

Responsive Image
Responsive Image
Responsive Image

American society runs on democracy and it’s important; but as a college student, are you using your democratic rights?

Responsive Image

A look into Ta-Nehisi Coates’ article, “The Case for Reparations” and why reparations should be in the minds of all Americans.

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Any avid observers of Halloween know you can’t just play “The Monster Mash” on repeat for all of October. Here are some songs to revamp your Halloween playlist, some of which with spookiness you may have never picked up on before.

Responsive Image

Kyle Pandiscio of University of Massachusetts’ Isenberg School of Management is making a difference with his striking message to raise awareness about distracted driving.

Responsive Image

Warning: You may develop an addiction to this tea.

Responsive Image

These songs can offer an emotional support through every situation.

Responsive Image

The nuances of mental health can be hard to nail in fiction, but these novels do it perfectly.

Responsive Image

It might be one of the most important tests of your life, but it doesn’t have to feel scary.

Responsive Image

Did your favorite half-man half-asshole make the list?

Responsive Image

University of Hartford student Mikaela Nelson custom-makes dolls with amputations and burn wounds for children who have undergone intensive medical procedures.

Responsive Image

As a Dreamer, the young writer and director hopes to tell universal stories that allow people to see how we’re not so different after all.

Responsive Image

America, don’t repeat the past by ignoring the Columbus debate in the present.

Responsive Image

If you’re getting sick of living off the Dollar menu, it might be time to take a new approach to saving money.

Responsive image

Selena Gomez was just named Billboard’s 2017 Woman of the Year, but who is actually surprised?

You can prevent animals’ mistreatment and wear clothes ethically with these suggestions.

Your day could be a lot different without the thirty-minute snooze at mid-day.

If you can’t join ‘em, beat with these different ways of having a good time.

Know A Remarkable Student? Drop A Tip.

Join the Newsletter

Responsive Image

No one did it like Keith Haring, and no one’s doing it like Tatyana Fazlalizade.

Responsive Image

Next time you’re taking a study break, check out these interesting TV shows.

Responsive Image

From Demodogs to brand new bromances, season two of “Stranger Things” has got it all.

This Month's Issue

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Responsive image
Students x

Responsive image
Students x

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image
Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Responsive Image
Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image
Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image