Culture x

We all strive to have the healthiest looking hair, and these products make it possible.

(Image via Blue Maize)

If you walk into any store that carries hair products, you probably end up overwhelmed with the different options for all different types of hair. Whether you have blonde or brunette hair, frizzy, curly or straight hair, there are so many brands that offer haircare products specifically for what you want.

Hair products can be used for strengthening color treated hair, styling, creating waves, protecting against heat, treating and more. From DevaCurl to Paul Mitchell to L’Oreal, your choices of brands are almost unlimited.

How do you know which products will give you the best results? Most likely, it is trial and error, but here are my top six haircare products that are likely to satisfy your needs no matter what type of hair you have.

1. DevaCurl “The Curl Maker”

(Image via Cred)

Looking to create perfect curls? This curl boosting spray gel combines texture and volume on top of being 100 percent sulfate, paraben and silicone free. The product releases natural curls and waves, tames the frizz and gives extra volume by scrunching your hair (dry or wet) in an upward motion. It is weightless and has great results. In an effortless manner, you get flawless texture and smoothed hair, and it smells great. You can find this product in different stores, typically around $22, and it lasts you awhile.

DevaCurl has a wide variety of products for those who crave curls, ranging from cleansers to conditioners, producing different styles and shapes, offering various treatments for hair, and so much more. Let DevaCurl find your curl type.

2. L’Oreal Paris Eversleek Frizz Finish Oil-In-Serum

(Image via Cred)

L’Oréal Paris is famous for their long list of products for special hair treatment, but did you know they have a line of “Ever” products that will do your hair magic regardless of your concern? One of these products is the easy-to-use EverSleek Frizz Finish Oil-In-Serum, which provides the ideal touch we all need for our hair. This product controls humidity and frizz, has weightless shine and includes a blend of argan and flower oils, all for only $9.99.

Looking for something to tame frizz, fly-aways, detangle and smooth each strand with long lasting frizz control, humidity protection, silky finish, glossy shine and a touchable softness? EverSleek answers to all those needs. Plus, it is non-greasy and has a wondrous smell.

3. Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum

(Image via Cred)

Paul Mitchell’s Super Skinny Serum has a pleasant scent that has been populating the reviews for this product. According to John Paul Mitchell Systems, “the lightweight silicone works to smooth, condition and add shine while the award-winning formula is perfect for speeding up hair drying time to give you silky-smooth results in less time, every time.” In any kind of weather, the Super Skinny serum works wonders. Hoping to get silky, smooth hair that is resistant to humidity? Your wish has come true. For only $19.99, this product will help create healthy, luxurious hair in no time.

As an added bonus, it speeds up drying, so less waiting time! It is paraben free, gluten free, vegan and color safe. Paul Mitchell has plenty of amazing products, but this serum is at the top of the list.

4. It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product

(Image via Cred)

10’s miracle leave-in product is truly magical. The name speaks for itself: the product improves 10 critical qualities of hair in almost no time. According to it’s a 10 brand, “the Miracle Leave-In Product is an ideal solution for smoothing hair, eliminating frizz, restoring shine and enhancing natural body.”

Using natural ingredients, it’s a 10 hair products aim to deliver ten benefits in each of their products: repairs, adds shine, tames frizz, protects color, detangles, prevents split ends, curbs breakage, softens, boosts body/volume and protects from the heat. No more filling your shelf with bottles and sprayers; with it’s a 10, it all comes in one package. An interesting side fact about it’s a 10 is that the brand’s maintain a mission to help provide the education and spread awareness to fight against lymphoma and leukemia. So, for only $18.52, you can make a difference for your hair and for the world.

5. Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo

(Image via Cred)

For those busy bees, dry shampoo is their best friend, and Amika’s Perk Up Dry Shampoo is the perfect go-to product. No matter if you have straight, wavy, curly, coiled or tightly coiled hair, this product will help them all! Instantly, it refreshes your hair by absorbing excess oil. On top of that, it adds volume with natural rice starch.

The key benefits of the products include: naturally cleaning and deodorizing hair, adding instant volume and cooling and refreshing scalp. Amika’s Perk Up Dry Shampoo gives you effortlessly beautiful and fresh hair for only $22.00. According to Sephora, “Perk Up Dry Shampoo is a New Beauty Choice Award winner. It is cruelty-free, safe for color-treated, Brazilian-treated, and keratin-treated hair, and formulated without talc, aluminum starch, artificial colors, petrochemicals, sodium chloride, gluten, and MCIT.”

6. Wetbrush

(Image via Cred)

For all hair types, Wetbrush brushes are wet hair’s dream. The detangling brush brings you healthier-looking-than-ever hair. It comes in all different colors, but the results remain similarly amazing. The brushes’ bristles are firm enough to comb through knots, but also flexible enough glide gently on one’s scalp.

Along with this typical detangling brush, the company has introduced specific lines of products for specific needs such as the Shine Brush, the Hot Brush and the Blo Brush. According to the Wet Brush, “just like the original Wet Brush, every product that comes from our brand makes it easier and more fun for you to create beautiful, shinier, healthier hair.”