Rate My Professors

Rate My Professors: The Student’s Guide to Avoiding Instructors from Hell

When it comes to your education, if you want to get what you paid for then you should read the product reviews. Enter: Rate My Professors.

I hadn’t expected to start hearing horror stories about the teaching staff at my college during my first semester, but it sure didn’t take long for those tales to start coming out of the woodworks.

One particular classmate of mine recounted in great detail about her self-absorbed dimwit of a math professor. According to her, that particular teacher would spend all of fifteen minutes doing what she was hired for (teaching math) and use the remaining hour of class time to gab away about her personal life.

My classmate said that she felt she would have had better luck staying home and learning the material on her own, since it goes without saying that having an instructor rattle off a list of unimportant details about themselves doesn’t help anyone learn math.

Rate My Professor

Now, you might be thinking that this problem has a simple fix: talk to the professor’s superiors, politely inform them that she’s a Grade A idiot. Done. Situation resolved. No big deal.

Unfortunately, that strategy didn’t work so smoothly.

Sure, going to the higher-ups and ratting that professor out sounds like a great solution in theory, but I regret to report that doing so didn’t produce any worthwhile results. From what I heard, one student did get tired enough to have a conversation with the head of the math department about this useless excuse for an instructor, which lead Professor Blabbermouth to become highly offended. The professor then proceeded to spend the next class period giving said student the evil eye for calling her out on her bullshit, because God forbid that one of her pupils should actually expect her to teach, right?

However, despite my classmate’s negative experience with her troll of a math teacher, I’m happy to say that I was able to avoid having to put up with such nonsense, and all due to a little patience and research. Each semester, I go through the ritual of handpicking all of my instructors with Rate My Professors.

Rate My Professors is a website designed to help college students pick the most helpful instructors in their particular college or university. To use the site, one only has to type in the name of their school in the Rate My Professors search bar, and they will happen upon a list of every professor currently employed there. All instructors are rated on a scale from 1 to 5.

A 5 represents a teacher of the best caliber, and a 1 gives you a fair warning that taking a certain professor’s class might be where your GPA goes to die. All ratings of the professors are done by students. This way, you know the site isn’t run by college staff trying to make shitty instructors look good.

I might sound like I’m giving a sales pitch, but in all honestly, I just want to testify to how useful the service is. To give an example of how much of a difference it can make in a person’s college career, I’d like to compare the quality of my math class experience to that of Professor Blabbermouth’s student.

My math professor was a godsend, a man who bent over backwards to help his students learn. He offered extra credit on every test, gave the most helpful reviews for exams, and continually encouraged everyone to see him during office hours if they needed tutoring. Not only would he answer any and all questions with patience and an overall lack of condescension, but he would even find it in himself to get worried if no one was asking questions, wanting to make sure we all understood as much as possible.

For a person like me who has been struggling with math since I was introduced to it, taking this professor’s class actually helped me understand the material rather than look at it as a necessary evil. I have never, ever gotten an A in a math class, but this professor’s help made it possible at last. (In case you’re wondering, he currently has a 4.8 rating on Rate My Professors. Top notch guy.)

Now, though Rate My Professors is a wonderful tool, do be sure to take some of the commentary with a grain of salt. The website does contain its fair share of useless information, such as a Hotness rating (because looking at your professor’s ass is way more important than working toward your degree, right?) and posts from butthurt students who clearly don’t understand how college works (one was rather upset to find out that not doing well on the final could actually give you a bad grade overall. Surprise! Welcome to college, fella!).

Rate My Professor

While some students may not have much to offer in the insight department, others will be perfectly honest about important details that can be crucial to surviving a college class: Is the professor a fair grader? Do they give extra credit? Do they speak in an indecipherable foreign accent? Do their lectures make enough sense to help their students learn?

All of these are highly important factors to consider when choosing a professor. Let’s face it: No matter how much education a professor may have, there are still an abundance of them out there who have no idea how to do their job. If their lectures suck, they can’t be bothered to answer questions, or they just have a negative attitude toward their students in general, then they have no business teaching and are just wasting valuable time and eating away at your tuition money.

Choosing the right instructor can make the difference between being stuck with a Professor Umbridge-like dictator for an entire semester or (for those of us old enough to remember The Magic School Bus) having a pleasant experience with a lovely Mrs. Frizzle-type.

The last thing any college student needs is another condescending instructor who thinks they can look down on you simply because they have a PhD and you don’t. So, the next time you want to avoid taking a class taught by the spawn of the Devil, give Rate My Professors a try.

1. The performer famous while she is aware of how lucky she for these alternatives, when she referred to her IQ as a ‘handicap in Hollywood’. Whereas all of those websites are worthwhile, we’d say the 2 best ones are Eharmony and Amolatina. Whereas Larry Kroger and Kent Dorfman begin off at Omega’s new pledge social gathering, they rapidly realize that they do not quite slot in there. Both Kent and Larry pledge Delta, principally because the frat wants all of the dues it may get. However, who would nonetheless have to hitch the platform utilizing the premium version to get essentially the most out of it. In accordance with sources, the retired footballer was living a ‘celebration way of life’ after the split, dwelling in a bachelor pad and enjoying nights out along with his teammates. Because Christmas in New Zealand falls in summer time, individuals have a good time by surfing and enjoying the seashore. People in Croatia historically have a good time with an Advent wreath with four candles. Launched by People Media, LatinPeopleMeet is a time-examined Latino courting site that truly is aware of the best way to cater to this community, having been created by Latinas and Latinos for Latinas and Latinos.

Online communication with international people usually creates language barriers. How do you say “Merry Christmas” on this language? How do you say “Merry Christmas” in Latin? You may spice up your love life by perusing a Latin dating site like those on this listing. Block and report. Add suspicious profiles to your block list and report potential scams to help other customers keep away from fraud. As a person, you get to get pleasure from a number of services from video chats to gift delivery that assist make discovering love abroad a whole lot easier and fun. These spontaneous acts keep things fascinating and help break the monotony of the routine meet-ups and calls. In South Africa, Christmas comes within the summer, so many families go camping for his or her Christmas break! In the times main as much as Nochebuena (Christmas Eve), kids often go caroling and gather some cash. Greek children have the long-standing tradition of going caroling on Christmas Eve, enjoying drums and triangles and sometimes carrying toy boats. Kids could cling stockings on Christmas Eve, or they could depart their shoes out in hopes that St. Nick will fill them with presents. The purple macaw named Iago begins out as the henchman of the villain Jafar in Disney’s “Aladdin” and is an homage to villain of the identical title in William Shakespeare’s “Othello.” Later within the sequence (because he turned a fan favourite), he turned one of the great guys.

If he’s at all times respectful and sort, it’s a good signal that he has good character. The first credit score package of two credits costs $3.99, and you get free credit whenever you join. LatinFeels is clearly a Latin site for courting, however don’t suppose it would push you right into a storm of feelings and passions from which you won’t get out, or will get out, however broken. In Haiti, kids place their sneakers, filled with straw, underneath the Christmas tree in hopes that Tonton Nwèl (Santa) will replace the [url=https://www.pinterest.com/latamdate/]latamdate[/url] straw with presents! This platform is user-pleasant, which means that whether or not you know how to use online courting or it is your first time, you can see this site fairly accessible and easy to use. Latin Feels is a dating platform that has website since 2018 and won the hearts of 800K customers in last yr. China has had ambitious infrastructure project plans in Latin America, together with a railway line linking the Atlantic and Pacific areas of Colombia, and a good longer one from Brazil to Peru, but plans have not translated to accomplished initiatives.

November saw one of the driest times for the South African area as the image above shows children playing as caked clay continues to dry up on the municipal dam in the drought-stricken area. The option is priced usually and won’t differ an excessive amount of from the same providers in your area. How a lot for credits: from $15.Ninety nine to $399. 7 instances out of 10, they are worthy of being unlocked. Romanians call St. Nicholas Sfantul Nicolae, and youngsters go away out their sneakers for him to fill with gifts. Many Navajo celebrate Christmas by gathering with family, exchanging gifts and eating good meals collectively. Those that attend church providers sing traditional Christmas songs like “Silent Night” – in Navajo! Kate, who studied Modern Languages at Oxford earlier than pursuing her appearing profession, revealed to Howard Stern her intelligence ranks among the many ‘genius’ levels. Beneath are a number of main languages spoken in Central and South America. The advantages to dating Latino are obvious within the broad strokes. Numerous flirting choices and other dating functions. The site has a powerful amount of free options. 425K men and women go to site here monthly, and the overall gender combine is about 31% women to 69% males.