UT Alcohol Sales

Alcohol Sales OK’ed at UT Football Games

Alcohol Sales OK’ed at UT Football Games In honor of the first alcohol being sold in a game during Rice, concessions will be offering $2 sake shots all afternoon, and will feature half-price domestics and $4 wells. Ladies will get half-off before 8:00, and every Friday night there will be $3 you-call-‘ems. The wine sales […]

0 comments
Praia Urbana 2015

Pria Urbana 2015: A True Visual-Audio Experience

Praia Urbana, the largest electronic music festival in Texas was a blast. Study Breaks had the pleasure of being invited by our friend DJ Bobby Blyss who always puts on a great performance behind the turn tables. There was a plethora of lights and sounds emitting off the stage, with laser beams of all colors […]

0 comments
Lenoir

Summer Grubbin: Lenoir

Lenoir Food in Texas tends to run a little schizophrenic, constantly stuck in an identity crisis resulting from its multi-ethnic background. Unfortunately, while delicious, many of the cuisines adored in Texas are ill suited for summer consumption. When the mercury rises, the temperature dictates not only what to eat, but how to cook it. Lenoir […]

0 comments
Sonic

Texas Toast – Sonic

SONIC As comedian Cody Hustak points out, you can drive to Sonic between 2:00 and 4:00 for half-price drinks, or you can rollerblade there anytime for free food and money. And while my strict moral and professional code legally obligates me to discourage identity fraud, I find within Hustak’s criminal suggestion a salient point about […]

1 comment
mama-margies

Mama Margie’s

Mama Margie’sReader Rating 1 Vote90%RESTAURANT OF THE MONTH: MAMA MARGIE‘S (San Antonio) Although always a wise move to minimize unnecessary interactions with the police, the presence of the men and women in blue always acts as an effective—albeit shady—indicator of a popular late-night restaurant. When the municipal authorities have come to the conclusion that an […]

0 comments