What does your future hold?

Posted by admin on Thursday, November 18, 2010

Are you going to be a successful businessman, a famous movie star or perhaps a world admired journalist? No one knows what the future may bring, whether it may be success or failure, but unless you try you will never know.

You have the capacity to shape your future in whatever direction you want. Determination and drive are the two main characteristics of a successful individual. Please, do not hassle yourself yet, if you are still undeclared or perhaps have no idea what you want to do when you are finished with college. College is the time to find yourself and to understand which of your abilities and strengths give you the potential to be an aspiring candidate to a business.

In 8th grade, I gave a graduation speech to a class of 20 graduates. In the speech, I included a quote by Dr. Seuss, and funny enough, the quote has reminded me to this day what my future holds. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who’ll decide where to go.†– Dr. Seuss.

I leave you with this piece of advice: Whatever you decide to do with your life, always remember to do what you love. Life is too short to spend the next 40 years doing a job that you despise, makes you miserable and makes you regret your entire college career.  Pave a future for yourself, where you can be proud of your hard work and your academic horizons, which allowed you to be the person you have grown to be.

Wish you all the best of luck!

Listen to T.I - Live your life for some daily inspiration.(Be sure to listen to the words in the beginning)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koVHN6eO4Xg[/youtube]