Wanna Succeed? Smoke Some Weed!: 50 influential people who've smoked pot

Posted by admin on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Snoop-a-loop!

I'm not saying you can smoke your way to success--that a jay a day keeps failure at bay and a little grass will help you pass. That there's a reason you see POT in POTential.

But I'm not saying that, when it comes to being influential, drug-free is completelyyyy the way you gotta be.

I got a splendid email in my inbox today titled Marijuana Policy Project Releases “Top 50 Most Influential Marijuana Users†so--naturally--I was a tad intrigued.

What I found was a link to a list, compiled by the Marijuana Policy Project, of 50 personalities(comedians, actors, actors and a hell of a lot of politicians), who "have become successful and influential while also being marijuana users."

Apparently, to qualify, each candidate "must (1) have tried marijuana at least once, (2) be alive, and (3) be living in the U.S. or be a U.S. citizen. We also asked our supporters to adhere to the definition for the 'Power 50' list that's used by Out magazine, which employs the following criteria: 'the power to influence cultural and social attitudes, political clout, individual wealth, and a person's media profile."

Finally, the MPP concludes: "In sum, we're not concerned with an individual's popularity, or even whether he or she supports marijuana policy reform. Rather, the 2012 'Top 50 Most Influential Marijuana Users' list is meant to identify people who have used marijuana and achieved high levels of success or influence."

The list kicks off with our Commander in Chief, who has reportedly said, "When I was a kid, I inhaled frequently. That was the point."

It also includes a Republican counterpoint--never fear!--with good ol' George Dubbya: "I wouldn't answer the marijuana questions. You know why? Because I don't want some little kid doing what I tried." 

Then, of course, you have the ones that are less surprising: Snoop Dogg, for example.

So wanna see who else has been tokin' up? Click here for the full list. 

Then get off your ass and find some grass. Let's smoke for success.

*DISCLAIMER: Study Breaks in noooo wayyyy is suggesting you smoke. Despite what every blatant comment above might suggest.