Twinkle, Twinkle

Posted by admin on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

All that glitters is not gold. But it is glitter, which is the next best thing, right?

While I'm not usually an advocate of the sometimes gaudy, essential elementary school craft material, New Year's Eve is all about a "new you", so why not indulge in some frivolousness? Shed all the cable knit of Christmas and dawn the sexy sparkle of 2012.

Incorporate this New Year's Eve look with --

Dresses. The glitter glam go-to. Forever 21 in particular has sprouted a surplus of glimmering gowns perfect for New Year's Eve festivities.

Sequin Asymmetrical Dress from forever21.com

Shoes. Wear sparkly stilettos with black or white tights and the quintessential little black dress. You could even try a metallic gold cocktail dress. DO NOT wear a sequined dress with these shoes. Glitter on glitter equals disco ball.

Miu Miu Glitter and Suede Ankle Boots. Photo courtesy of Net-a-porter.com. 

Makeup. Warning: This look should never be worn outside of the justifiable nighttime hours of December 31. Unless you're 12 or a stripper. You can wear it smoky (black glitter), in the style of a Greek metallic goddess (gold glitter) or as an icy snow queen (white glitter).

kandeej.com

Nails. This is the easiest way to incorporate some shine for those who are not traditionally glitter gluttons. And it comes in pretty much any color you could ever wish for!

Deborah Lippmann glitter nail polish.

Accessories. Glitter is everywhere (it literally gets everywhere; watch out for that!) so finding a shiny accent to an all black outfit is definitely doable. Bow ties, headbands, clutches and even flasks are available in twinkling hues.

designsponge.com

Even @kanyewest knows what's up, tweeting Monday the "New years [sic] looks I would love to see" that are shown below.

Tweet me (or @kanyewest) and let me know how you rocked glitter. @teeaaapee.