THROWBACK THURSDAY: THE FRESH PRINCE OF BEL-AIR

Posted by admin on Thursday, September 27, 2012

Hey there Study Breakers!! Of course it's Thursday and you know that means throwbaaaacks!! This week's throwback is The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. For those who don't know, Will Smith is by far ONE of my favorite actors but the information I dug up about him before his acting career was actually surprising!

Lots of people have no idea that Will Smith was actually a rapper in the late 80's. As a child my mom played "Gettin' Jiggy Wit' It" so much I can repeat every verse to this day. But what even fewer people know is that because he was so young with so much money, he spent it all carelessly. As a matter of fact, he was penalized 2.8 million dollars for underpaid income taxes! Almost going bankrupt, Smith signed a contract with NBC to create a sitcom solely about him learning to live with wealthy people. Oh the irony.

Since the Fresh Prince, Smith has managed to bank on some pretty big movies like "I Am Legend", "Hancock", "I, Robot", the "Men in Black" movies, and countless others. Although he cameo'd in a handful of other television series, the only role he consistently maintained during the 90's was the star of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. I would even say that his biggest movies ended shortly after the conclusion of the Fresh Prince.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBe0VCso0qs[/youtube]

For you information, Smith's birthday was this past Tuesday (the 25th) and he turned 44 years old with a net worth of 215 million USD. WOW