These Shoes are Made for Walking.

Posted by admin on Thursday, August 30, 2012

So look, I get it, I really do. I mean, who can blame you, TOMS are comfortable. And with all that walking around, who wouldn't make it a priority. And Sperrys? Hell, they're even quirky. But hey, there are other footwear options out there. And lucky for us, this season has a plethora of variety for us all.

1. The Smoking Shoe

That's just the fancy word for loafer. This season you can expect smoking shoes in all shapes and colors. This is so exciting; it's a good break from your dilapidated ballerina flats. Miu Miu sent down the runway this season a pair of tasseled glitter loafers which can be easily recreated with some shorts perfect for class.

Loafer Mania

2. The Kicks

So right now wedged heels are pretty big. Why? Who the hell knows, that's how fashion works. But hey, they kind of look cool if worn properly. If that's not your cup of tea, go for the regular. There is a lot of variety right now that really works for our area.

sneakers

3. The Combat Boot

Anybody who isn't a Texas State student, have you ever visited? No? Well let me tell you a little bit about our campus. For some cruel, effed up reason, Texas State constructers decided to build this school on a hill. Only the campus. The rest of the city is not on hills but the school is and IT SUCKS. So to us, the value of walking comfortably up what feels like Mount Everest is crucial. Therefore boots are common in our campus. And, I don't mean to brag, but my schoolmates look amazing when they do, even in this 700 degree weather. Combat boots are back and in so many colors it makes everything that much more exciting to wear.

boots

So man, good luck back in school and get through this heat without going insane. These shoes are made for walking...all over school. ;)