The Ars Supernova's New Short Film

Posted by admin on Saturday, May 23, 2009

You might remember The Ars Supernova from the article we did on them a couple of months back. In our last piece, we told you that "Besides being an overall amazing band, the members are also supportive humanitarians; whether it’s building wells overseas or helping students get through college, The Ars Supernova is driven to help out others through their love of music." We still stand by that statement, which is why we are excited to inform you that The Ars Supernova is releasing a new music video/short film entitled, "Supernova: Death of a Star."

The video has been a work in progress over the past few months and was produced by Austin's Papertank Productions (one of our favs...remember the SXSW party we through with them?) and directed by local music video director, Jeff Ray.

Tonight marks the World Premiere of Supernova: Death of a Star and we'd like to invite all of you out to join in the festivities. The music video/short film will be followed with a live perfomance by, who else, but The Ars Supernova. Margot and the Nuclear So and So's will follow the Supernova set.

Here's a sneak peak teaser trailer of Supernova: Death of a Star:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyGKNTs0GBM[/youtube]

Show Details:

What: World Premier of "SUPERNOVA: Death of a Star"
When: Saturday May 23rd Show starts at 9:00 (video premier at 10:30 pm)
Where: The Mohawk (Red River and 9th)
Cost: Tickets will only be $6!

View the official Facebook invite here.

Looking forward to seeing you all at the show!

Text 11SBVIP to 64842 to be the first to know about other cool events, parties and give-aways!