Texas Teacher Found Guilty for Having Sex With Students

Posted by admin on Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Kennedale, Texas teacher accused of having sexual relations with five of her 18-year-old students in 2011 was recently found guilty on all five counts.

Brittni Colleps is a mother and a wife, but she still found time to bring five of her students to her house during the spring of 2011 and have sex with them.

The ex-teacher was sentenced to five years for the felony. Now, this punishment sounded about right to me, but some people out there think that her actions --although immoral--were not criminal.

I think the justice system got it right. Just think -- if it wasn't illegal to have sex with 18-year-old high school students, only frowned upon, a lot more teachers (men and women) would probably be doing the nasty with their students...more than there already are.

Just like it's not right for a mom to have sex with her offspring or an adult to have sex with a minor, it's just not right for teachers to have sex with their high school students, even if they are 18.

She should sit in jail for five years, and think about how she violated the school's trust, the parents' trust, the students' trust, her husband's trust, her kid's trust and most of all, how she violated the very idea of proper student-teacher relations by having sex with not one, not two, but FIVE students. She was so out of line and deserves what she got.

What do you think? Criminal offense or moral offense?