SWAMP PEOPLE's R.J. Almost gets Face Bitten Off

Posted by admin on Friday, February 10, 2012

First and foremost, HOW THE HELL IS THERE A SHOW CALLED SWAMP PEOPLE THAT I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT!?

Don't try this at home...or at all, actually

It's strange, to say the least, but I have a bit of a fascination with swamps. Maybe it's just because I was born in Louisiana and, along with Mardi Gras scars and a bigger-because-of-beignets butt, swamp water runs through my veins. But seriously, with scary shit like quicksand and gators (which I've had nightmares about as long as I can remember), there's just sooooo much CREEPY potential.

(But there's also disgusting humidity. Such a deal breaker. If I'm going to have a delighfully terrifying encounter with a mucky swamp creature, I at least want my hair to look good, ya dig?)

Anyways, back to what I was saying: There's apparently a television show called Swamp People (thank you, History Channel) that focuses on "proud descendants of French Canadian refugees who settled in the swamp region of Louisiana in the 18th century" as they maintain tradition, heritage and their way of life doing what we Louisiana people (exempting me, naturally) do: Hunting Gators.

It's like...their thing. And now, in the way of the world, cameras are following them as they do it all season--slinking 'round the swamp and marching through marshes to trap (and by trap, I think I mean kill) Mother Nature's arguably ugliest but also coolest creature.

Now, I'm 'bout to soapbox for a sec and say I DO NOT AGREE WITH HUNTING OR KILLING ANYTHING--especially when you have a shotgun. Yeahhhh...that's not a fair advantage even if gators apparently have like 2,000 lbs. of force in their jaws (or something of the sort). So, I gotta say, when R.J. almost gets his face bitten off (watch here!) by a certain pissed-off gator, I gotta think, wellll...

Karma's a bitch, bra.

Whatever--have a good weekend. I'll be busy catching up on all the Swamp People I've missed so far. Apparently Mitch had a close call hunting frogs recently. I can't wait.

For more ridiculous reality tv coverage:

Jersey Shore Spin-off with JWoww and Snooki: A Modern Day Laverne and Shirley

The Bachelor 16: Less is More

Toddlers & Tiaras named "Worst Reality Show of 2011"