STAR SHOTS: METEOR SHOWER STREAMED ONLINE

Posted by admin on Monday, January 9, 2012

Do you like space? Fresh air? Stargazing (the kind you do at the sky, not in the lobby of the Chateau Marmont)?

Google Images, you do fantastic work

Well brace yourselves, because what could potentially be the best light show of the year...

happened last week.

The Quadrantids Meteor Shower went down last Tuesday night, where meteors rained down at what Sky and Telescope predicted would be a visibility rate of two per minute. (Okay, maybe that's more of a drizzle.)

And in a move typical of our true technology age, NASA's Marshall Center provided constant updates via Twitter while the shower was streamed live by NASA, allowing the afraid-of-the-frigid population segment the chance to watch it indoors. In simple terms, NASA is to the stars as E! is to...well...the stars. Just think of this meteor shower like the Kardashian wedding. Except those meteors didn't get paid shit.

For a list of meteor showers that haven't...uhh...already happened, check out space.com