Scholarships for College Students

Posted by admin on Monday, February 13, 2012

Many of us may have graduated high school with a couple scholarships to help us out for the first year or so, but just because we're now undergrads or graduate students doesn't mean we can't still compete for some serious dollar signs. Lucky for those of you who are also on the Ramen noodle diet, I've compiled a list of some of the more pricey (and interesting) scholarships out there for us to still get our hands on.

Are you fancy with words? Apply for the Ruth Lilly Poetry Fellowship and compete nationally for one of three $15,000 scholarships. Applications are due via email by March 31st!

Planning on transferring from community college to a university soon? The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation offers up to $30,000 a year for students that demonstrate significant financial need. That kind of dough will make the transfer from ACC to UT that much sweeter.

Everyone seems to have a blog these days, but do you think yours is far superior to your fellow peers? Well, College Scholarships is giving away $10,000 to a student with the most unique and interesting blog about themselves or things they're passionate about. So stop doing homework and get to typing on your Tumblr--it could make you $10,000 richer.

Getting ready for grad school with a career in government? The Truman Scholarship is offering up to $30,000 to students willing to submit and application and a policy recommendation.

Pursuing a career in the health industry? Tylenol is giving away a total of $250,000 to forty students demonstrating excellence in their major. Applications for 2012 open up March 12!

These scholarships are only the beginning. There's plenty out there, for every major. Check out the websites below for more unique scholarships, and before you know it, you'll be rolling around in $$$$ (but probably still eating Ramen).

Education Portal

Scholarships Academy

Scholarships.com