Salivating (and Healthy) Snacks!

Posted by admin on Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Still trying to keep the fabulous beach body well into the summer without sacrificing good food? The good news is that you can be able to eat great, without gaining weight. These little appetizers and snacks are quick to make and are portable to take on the run. We are hard working (or hardly working) students so fortunately, portable and healthy food can be very doable!

• Tuna Toppers                                                            

1 Avocado, halved and pitted

1 small can of tuna in water, drained

1 Roma tomato, diced

1/2 jalapeno, diced

1 teaspooon of chopped cilantro

Salt & Pepper for some flavor

Sriracha sauce (optional)

In a bowl, mix everything except for the avocado and sirircha sauce. After pitting the avocados, grab a knife and evenly make slice marks. Place mixture on top of avocado halves and drizzle with your favorite amount of siracha. Bake in oven at 325 degrees for 15 mins.

• Apricot Trail Mix

2 Tablespoons of unsweetened coconut flakes, shredded 

1 pinch of cinnamon

1/2 cup of chopped pecans

1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped

2 1/2 cups of rolled oats

1/2 of peanuts

Mix altogether and store in large jar.

• Ants on a Log                                                            

Top celery with peanut butter and raisins for a great and energizing snack

• Traditional Yogurt Crunch

Top your favorite yogurt with granola, oats, and berries

• Lemon Kiwi Cooler Smoothie

2 cups of grapes (red or green)

1/2 lemon, peeled & seeded

1/2 Kiwi, peeled (or your smoothie will be hairy!)

2 Table spoons of Greek Yogurt

3 Cups of ice

Put all ingredients in blender and whirl into a smooth (get it? smoothie?) texture. Sonic cream slushies has nothing on this and it's healthier!

Check on many more recipes in our future Study Breaks issue! Also comment below if you have any more delicious, healthy recipes or what you think about the ones above.

Comments

ED can be a result of various contributing factors, which include mental issues, wellness issues and damage to the phallus. Mental issues that a sufferer may see can have a harmful effect on their ability to create and keep a solid erection. These issues can be the result of a mixture of factors, such as living a stress filled life, a sex partner that is not supporting, depression and no self esteem. <a href=http://increasespermcountreviews.com>increase sperm count with vitamins</a>