Are you in a rush, still want something tasty, but are tired of sandwiches?
Worry no more, I've got the quickest, and easiest lunch that's hearty and healthy!
JalapeÃ±o-Chicken and Cilantro Soup:
I have a list of ingredients below, but I usually use any veggies I have in my freezer and fridge and combine in a pot.
- 1/2 cup of frozen corn
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- 2 cups ofÂ jalapeÃ±oÂ rotisserie chicken (found at HEB for only $5-$6!!!!), shredded
- 1/4 cup of Â pickled jalapeÃ±os, chopped
- 1Â bullionÂ cube (chicken stock)
- 4 cups of water, boiled
- 1/2 cup of onion, chopped
- Â 1/4 cup of shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup of tomato, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Salt/Pepper/garlic powder, to taste
Add a bit of olive oil at the bottom of a small pot and add onions, tomatoes,Â jalapeÃ±os, and carrots. Stir for about a minute, then add everything else and simmer for about 3-5 Â minutes. Â I like to top with 1/2 a fresh avocado, diced. That's it! It's so easy and actually really healthy for you.
This is good for a lunch, dinner, or even a mid-day snack!