A power breakfast filled with protein is key to keeping your body fueled with energy throughout the day. This delicious protein pancakeÂ recipe will show you that you don't have to sacrifice morning syrup cravings with tasteless breakfast alternatives.
- 1/2 cup oat flour (you can also make your own byÂ grinding Quaker oats in the blender until fine.)
- 1 scoop Vanilla protein (I useÂ Elite Gourmet Vanilla Cream)
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cupÂ unsweetened Almond milk (use more or less until desired pancake-like consistency)
- Â 1 tablespoon flax meal*
- 1 tsp vanilla extra*
- 1 tspÂ cinnamon*
- Splenda to taste* (I use a small packet)
- Non-stick cooking spray
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â (* ingredients are optional)
Preparation: Heat skillet to medium heat.Â These pancakes will not cook like your regular boxed pancake mix, so if your looking for the bubbles, there won't be any. Wait until the edges look firm and then flip, each pancake cooks for about a minute or two on each side. Top with sugar free maple syrup or sugar free honey, fruit, yogurt, and some chopped walnuts, and breakfast has never tasted better!
Try it at home and I'd love to hear how your protein pancakes turned out!
P.S. If you want to add a twist, try using chocolate protein powder instead.
And remember.... Eating healthy is not a diet, it's a way of life.Â