Primo Palazzone!

Posted by admin on Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The ace of the Bulldog staff was named to the SEC All-Conference tournament team after guiding the team to a third-place finish.  The Marietta native pitched 4.1 innings and got the win over the then third-ranked Florida Gators.  Overall, Palazzone had a 10-4 record this season with a solid 3.20 ERA.  He only gave up 11 walks while striking out 73; a incredibly impressive ratio.  After the Bulldogs’ third-place finish in the SEC tournament, they gained an at-large NCAA tournament bid and headed to Corvallis, Oregon as the third seed in the Oregon State Regional.  As of press time, no NCAA tournament games had been played.  However, after Georgia’s late-season surge, and their #1-ranked strength of schedule, we would not be surprised if they made some noise in this tournament as well.  Congrats to the Bulldog baseball season after a bit of a rocky start, and we look forward to great things again in 2012.

And congrats to fellow SEC South Carolina for their national championship... good to see the SEC representin'!