Posted by admin on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Will Ferrell made an appearance on Conan as Ron Burgundy, San Diego's favorite Anchorman who starred in the first Anchorman film.

Here is the announcement:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrNA7RjU91I[/youtube]

This sequel has long been awaited by Ferrell fans. What was so great about Anchorman? Aside from all the great quotes (found here), it was the first comedy of its kind, making way for future comedies like Knocked Up, Bridesmaids, etc...

Anchorman transformed Ferrell from a sidekick (see: Old School) to a leading man that paved the way for him being in Talladega Nights, Semi-Pro, and The Other Guys.

The movie also gave its budding producer Judd Apatow some clout. Less than a year after Anchorman released, Apatow saw more success with 40-year-old virgin.

Seth Rogen appeared in Anchorman before starring in films like Pineapple Express, Knocked Up, and The Green Hornet

It gave Seth Rogen some publicity as well...and now he's starred in several big flicks.

Finally, the best thing it did was made Hollywood executives realize there was a market for R-rated comedies that cater to smart but goofy adult audiences.

I will end this blog with possibly the most popular quote from the movie:

"You stay classy, San Diego."

Other Blogs:

Racist Hunger Games Fans Disappointed

Hunger Games Movie Review

Louisville Fan Punches Kentucky Fan