Movie Review-Insidious

Posted by admin on Tuesday, July 19, 2011

If you haven’t heard about this tantalizing thriller yet, well fear no more! Insidious is here. I was a little reserved about seeing this because I heard it was scarier than ‘Paranormal Activity’ which I found very disturbing on several levels, so I was a bit hesitant. The plot for the movi e is a bit complex, but unique. When a couple’s young child goes into a coma, a series of disturbing, creepy, and horrific spirits seek to haunt their house and terrorize their child. Your’e probably like that sounds like ‘Amityville Horror’ mixed with a dozen of horror films with children and ghosts. However; these ghosts aren’t your regular ‘Boo’ figures. They range from outer world figures, to demons, and that’s just the start. I don’t want to ruin the plot for you, but it’s a unique one that I hadn’t seen in horror films before, the music, suspense, and sheer thrill of the film is enough to get a few screams and jumps out of you. The ending was disappointing, especially when the majority of the film was good in terms of spooks and scares. I suggest it for a group movie night, rent it from Red Box, and see how far your creeped out level goes!