Miss America 2011 Crowned!

Posted by admin on Monday, January 17, 2011

Did anybody else catch the Miss America pageant this weekend? I've always had this weird curiousity for pageant life. Is it really that glamorous and peppy with fabulous looking girls eager to change the world, or is it actually immersed in a world full of catty drama and glossy Veneers as portrayed in chick flicks?

Miss America 2011 was crowned this weekend in Las Vegas. And who got the sparkling crown? 17-year-old Teresa Scanlan from Gerig, Nebraska. Yes, she is at the tender age of 17, the second youngest girl to ever be crowned in its 90 running years. After her reign as Miss America, Scanlan will start her studies at Patrick Henry College studying American politics. She one days hopes to attend law school and become a politician. For the time being, she will serve as the National Goodwill Ambassador for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals and traveling the country to discuss her platform of Eating Disorders: A Generation at Risk.

Now, if you haven't picked up our current issue (now on stands!) of Study Breaks Magazine, let me introduce you to our January cover girl, Lauren Newcomb. Read her story and see how she's on her way to stardom in the pageant world. And let me tell you, I can definitely see her getting her big break. Not only is she absolutely stunning, but she's active in her community as well.

Issues now on stand! Don't forget to join our Facebook fan page and follow us on Twitter for more Study Breaks where YOU are the star of the magazine!