Khloe and Mario Take 'The X-Factor'

Posted by admin on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

You see what I did there?  Haha. Yes it is true, Khloe Kardashian Odom and Mario Lopez will be the new hosts of "The X-Factor."

Khloe Kardashian Odom and Mario Lopez will be the new hosts of the singing talent show the "The X-Factor."
Photo credit: The Hollywood Reporter

The show's creator, Simon Cowell, has announced that the two will be hosting the second season of the singing talent show.  They will be replacing the previous host, Steve Jones, and joining judges Britney Spears, Demi Lovato, L.A. Reid and Simon Cowell himself.

Mario Lopez is known as the hunky host of Extra. He also hosts MTV's America's Best Dance Crew.  Khloe Kardashian Odom is best known as one of the members of the Kardashian klan, the family we love to hate.  She is a reality co-star of the show about the family, Keeping Up with the Kardashians and other spin-offs.

I think Mario will be great at the job, given his past experience hosting and his charming charisma.  While Khloe Kardashian is the only Kardashian I can actually stand, I will be skeptical of her as a host until I get to see her on the show.

The move to get new hosts might be to boost viewership, given that NBC's The Voice has better ratings.  Personalities like Mario and Khloe are bigger US household names than previous Welsh presenter, Steve Jones.

They will make their debut November 1st.  "The X-Factor" airs on Fox.

For more updates follow these guys on Twitter: @TheXFactorUSA, @MarioLopezExtra, @KhloeKardashian and @SimonCowell