Justice has been served!

Posted by admin on Saturday, June 23, 2012

If you've been following the story, after Jerry Sandusky was indicted in November for alleged child sex abuse charges, he has now been convicted of 45 of 48 counts of child sex abuse.

It's about time. His trial lasted eight days. Seriously? Anyone accused of child sex abuse by multiple victims, for over 15 years, has to be guilty. Joe Paterno, one of NCAA's most beloved and all-time great coaches, was fired because he never reported it. Sandusky's tracks have been covered up for years. And now, he is getting what he deserves: possible life in prison after his sentencing. He's 68 years-old now and will have the opportunity to rot in prison. A Yahoo article said he faces 442 years in prison. Too bad we don't live that long anymore.

And let's not forget his wife, Dottie, who stood by his side and allegedly never responded to the screams coming from the basement of their home when Sandusky's victims cried out for her help.
The defense even had the nerve to allegedly say that the victims were lying and were financially motivated. The audacity. What boy would ever want to pretend that he was molested by a man just to scrounge up an extra penny? Certainly not any that I know. Obviously their accusations didn't stand a chance to the jury.
The story is really sad and I'd rather not get into the grave details, but justice has been served. My heart goes out to all the victims. I speak on behalf of all of us who have followed the trial and have been awaiting his conviction; he can never touch another innocent boy again.