Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Of Late

Posted by admin on Wednesday, September 12, 2012

We need more Joseph Gordon-Levitt like we need more cowbell, and the media wants to give him to us. JGL, in all his celestial beauty, has various films and projects set to release in the next year.
The Dark Knight Rises featured Mr. Gordon-Levitt earlier this summer, in the role of Gotham cop, John Blake (SPOILER)--aka the theoried role of Robin. With a 87% freshness rating on RottenTomatoes.com, I’d say he played the role well.
Another, less popular film that JGL starred in recently was Hesher, a film that frequented a few film festivals followed by a limited release in May 2011. Although the film recieved mixed reviews, Rolling Stones reporter Peter Travers praised JGL’s performance in "Hesher" stating, “So what if Hesher flies off its wobbly handles — it keeps springing funny and touching surprises. The performances are aces. Wilson makes Dad's emergence a subtle marvel. And even when the script edges Gordon-Levitt into Hallmark sentiment, you can't take your eyes off him.â€Â 

And, as for my personal review for this dark comedy, I loved it. I never knew what to expect. The film embodies the main character, Hesher, and leads you blindly down roads only to have you find yourself gripped by laughter, gut wrenching loss, or pure awe.

Premium Rush  (which premiered August 24) looks kind of like a Fast and the Furious: Bike Edition. I almost left it completely out but decided it serves the purpose of humbling his fans and it seems to have earned itself some fair reviews with a 76% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Looper, set to premiere September 28, 2012, has Bruce Willis (who needs no parenthetical reference to jog your memory) and Emily Blunt (The Young Victoria and The Devil Wears Prada) along with the man of the hour, JGL, in a 2072 mob movie that blends hit men with time travel to give audiences a sexy action sci fi that’s sure to please.

Lastly, we have Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln, set to premiere November 16, starring Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln and Tommy Lee Jones as republicanThaddeus Stevens alongside Joseph as President Lincoln’s first son, Robert Todd Lincoln. The film follows Lincoln near the end of the Civil War as the issue of abolishing slavery rages on.

The Lincoln trailer not yet released, so here’s some chick comparing it with Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter-Spielberg\'s Lincoln VS. Vampire Hunter Lincoln on YouTube

The world premiere for Lincoln will be Thursday, September 13 at 7pm EDT/ 4pm PDT at www.lincolnmoviehangout.com with a Live Google Hangout with Steven Spielberg and Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

Jospeh Gordon-Levitt is not only working on churning out film after film, but he’s also working through his company, HitRecord to publish the second volume of a literary project he put together entitled Tiny Book of Tiny Stories.

What is the Tiny Book of Tiny Stories?Tiny Book of Tiny Stories explained by JGL himself on YouTube

HitRecord is still accepting submissions for the Tiny Book of Tiny Stories 2, so submit your tiny stories today at http://www.hitrecord.org/tinystories2

JGL discusses Tiny Book of Tiny Stories in an interview with Peter Travers of Rolling Stone

So, be sure to check out JGL's upcoming films, send in your stories for a chance to be published, and watch out because he's damn sexy and damn talented, and  we'll definitely be seeing a lot more of him in years to come.