As the temperature decreases and the trees slowly lose their leaves, female students bust out their winter wardrobes and don the timeless hybrid fashion phenomenon of pants and spandex â€” the legging. Although many have and will continue to argue that leggings should not be considered clothing, the fact remains: leggings feel like heaven on a womanâ€™s legs. Because these pant alternatives have become a winter outfit staple, and they make it so easy to just throw on a sweatshirt, sometimes wearing leggings may seem a little too routine and generic. However, this year keep it comfy and classy in the lecture hall. These five tips are sure to satisfy the appetite of any collegiate fashionista.
- Kindly divorce your leggings and Uggs: Yes, Uggs are oh-so-very comfortable, but theyâ€™re borderline house slipper. Instead, invest in a cute high-top sneaker or a knee-high pleather boot. Your toes will still feel just as warm and your style will look waaaay more put together.
- Get ahead of the curve with a high-waisted legging: For the adventurous soul, try a high-waisted legging in a bold color. Explore your comfort zone and do it with your comfiest, slouchiest sweater.
- Sport a perky pattern: Wear a bold design or channel your inner animal; the list is endless. Pick a flashy legging that reflects your personality and avoid looking like you rolled out of bed.
- Play some tricks with faux denim; rock the jegging: Letâ€™s face it. Sitting down in jeans can kill your waistline. Stay cozy in class without the pinch of buttons on your stomach. Try leggingsâ€™ chic sister â€” the jegging â€” and let it all hang loose.
- Throw on a pair of high-waisted shorts: Keep your favorite summer trend alive and pair those cut-offs with a bold legging. This look will give you the edginess you need to ace that exam, or pass along your number to that cute boy in your biology class.