Feta Stuffed Tomatoes

Posted by admin on Thursday, August 18, 2011

So now that I have moved in to my new apartment, I am on a mission- to cook at least 3 times a week. And when I say cook I don’t mean cook some spaghetti noodles and add some Ragu and I’m done. Now don’t get me wrong, I love me some Ragu, but I think it’s time for me to put my cooking skills to a challenge.

In my attempt to eat healthier, I decided to make stuffed tomatoes for dinner last night. It was not only delicious, but also super easy and fast to make. I stole the recipe from my friend who is an awesome cook (not that I am bias or anything).  You can find this and other really great recipes here. But anyways, this is her awesome recipe:

Feta Stuffed Tomatoes

Makes 8 tomato halves

4 large tomatoes

4 oz. crumbled feta cheese

1/4 cup dry bread crumbs (regular)

2 tbs chopped green onions

2 tbs chopped fresh parsley or basil

2 tbs olive olive oil

1. Cut each tomato in half horizontally. Scoop out the insides of the tomato. so that you make a little bow for your stuffing later. Don' thrthrow the insides of the tomato away. You will be using them for your stuffing.

2. Chop the the insides of the tomatoes into little squares, but you can throw out all the extra juice and seeds. You will also need to chop up the green onions and parsley or basil.

3. In a bowl, mix together the chopped tomatoes, green onions, bread crumbs, cheese, parsley or basil, and olive oil.

4. Stuff the tomatoes with the feta cheese stuffing.

5. Place tomatoes in a baking sheet and bake at 350 F in the oven for 15 minutes.

Enjoy!