Drink for a cause and beat cancer events!

Posted by admin on Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Geeks Who Drink support Quiz for a Cause

Ryan Noriega, a 28-year old musician and part-time art teacher is currently in the hospital battling cancer. Medical bills are the last thing Ryan needs to be worrying about, but unfortunately he is uninsured.

SO what can you do? Come out to support Ryan tonight (June 19th) at Gibson Bar on Lamar to support a great cause.

Join the Geeks Who Drink For a Cause team in the "Quiz for a Cause" activity. Basically, you come out to Gibson Bar at 8pm, pay $7 (suggested donation) per person or $30 per team of 6, take a trivial quiz and have the opportunity to not only support Ryan while having a blast but win a CASH prize if you're the winning team! The rest of the proceeds will go to Ryan's medical bills.

There will also be a side raffle with great prizes, and tickets for the raffle are only $5!

So come out and invite your friends, Lets all come together and take a little time to show our support and help Ryan beat this!

ANOTHER AWESOME EVENT FOR RYAN:

Heavy For Betsy Benefit for Ryan Noriega

When? Wednesday June 27th- 8:00-1:30am

Come out to The Parish for popsicles, pictures, and photos for the Heaven For Betsy Benefit show with proceeds benefiting Ryan!

There will be an auction of exquisite art work from the Dougherty Art Center, as well as as QuickDraw photo booth capturing all your Kodak moments from 8-10pm. The lineup for the show includes:

Hello Wheels
Glow in the Sun
Halaska
Chinaski
Tickets are $5 online or at the door!