Bueno Aires Cafe is an adorable quaint restaurant at the corner of Oltorf and S. First street. Not only is the small cafe awesome, but the food speaks for itself. For lunch, my two favorites are:
1. The Lomito Beef:Â Voted â€œThe Best Sandwich in Townâ€ by The Onion.
Made with certified Black Angus tenderloin (6oz) Â withÂ your choice of chimichurri sauce or Dijon mustard.Â Served on a toasted French baguette. $12.99Â Add cheese $.50 Add tomatoes $.50. The meat is cooked medium/medium rare, and deliciously juicy. You have to get the chimichurri sauce (I get extra!).
2. The Vegetariano:Â Roasted eggplant, mozzarella cheese, black olives,Â roasted red peppers, onions, and Dijon mustard.Â Served on French baguette 7.99 The cafe has freshÂ prosciuttoÂ (my weakness), so I ask to add a couple slices on this sandwich. It's to die for. I took a picture below the last time I was there. They served it with their soup of the day, an amazing carrot and gingerÂ puree:
So the other day, I was seriously craving that incredible concoction of Â salted curedÂ prosciutto with grilled veggies so this is what I came up with. I wish I had a picture to show, but before I realized it, the sandwich was devoured.
- 1/2 thinly sliced zucchini
- 2 slices of tomato
- 1/4 red onion, julienned
- 1/4 orange bell pepper, julienned
- 2-5 slices of prosciutto (depending on your hunger pangs).
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Baguette bread, sliced in half and sliced again longways
Grill zucchini, onions, peppers, and tomatoes on a grill orÂ sautÃ©Â pan. Toast baguette in the oven on 375 degrees for 4-5 minutes, then add the prosciutto inside. The meat is a little expensive, but absolutely worth every penny. If you don't want to pay for the prosciutto, then I'd go for a smoked turkey or ham instead. Â Fill remaining grilled veggies in sandwich and top with the mozzarella. I recommend throwing the open-faced sandwich in the over for just a minute to melt the cheese. Â Now sit back and dig your teeth into the melty, crunchy, and juicy non-vegetariano sandwich. Enjoy!!!