COLDPLAY COMIC BOOK--say whaaaa?

Posted by admin on Thursday, July 12, 2012

"You know how I know you're gay...?"

The Avengers. Uhh I mean...

Ohhhh Knocked Up. I'm sure Chris Martin is ever-so-amped that his music has been dubbed the ultimate form of gaydar ever since your release in 2007. (OMG I'M OLD.) Are you a fan of "Yellow"? GAY. Do you sing "Viva la Vida" in the shower? Shit--might as well be in there singing "Livin' la Vida Loca" with Ricky Martin. Totez homosexual.

And, much like a love of Coldplay (DON'T BE ASHAMED) obvvv makes you a homosexual, there's another type of cultural identifier, the adoration of comic books, that boxed four-eyed fans everywhere into the category known as NERD. Are you X-CITED for X-MEN? BATTY for BATMAN? DO YOU THINK MARVEL IS MARVELOUS?! Nerd. Nerd. Nerd.

But now, these two passions--Coldplay and comics--are joining forces with the launch of "Mylo Xyloto"--THE COLDPLAY COMIC BOOK!

So here are the deets, in the far-more-eloquent words of the Huffington Post:

"Coldplay is launching its first-ever comic book at San Diego Comic-Con. The six-partMylo Xyloto series is written by Oscar-nominated writer and director Mark Osborne ("Kung Fu Panda") and focuses on the character of the same name.

That character is the concept that drives the band's latest album (which is also named Mylo Xyloto)."

(READ MORE HURRRR.)

SO WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WHEN OUR 2 BIGGEST CLASSIFYING FACTORS--OUR STEREOTYPING SHORTCUTS--JOIN FORCES?!

Shit...you know how I know you're awesome...?

(NOTE: This is satire peopllllle, based on stereotypes and popular movie lines. Not serious or meant to be taken seriously. But seriously...Coldplay is making a comic book.)