Blondie's Box Office Pick...

Posted by admin on Monday, July 13, 2009

So I did it, I saw Bruno this weekend.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAGpmNb2xfQ[/youtube]

And honestly, I still don't know what I think about the flick. I can't decide whether I liked it or not. I have to say it was hilarious at parts but so offensive. And I'm by no means a prude but, I have to say I've never seen so many dildos in my life! At parts I felt like I was watching a gay porno. During some scenes all I could say was "that was so gross"! There really are no words.You could feel some of the tension in the audience. People not knowing whether or not to laugh. Some kids were even kicked out for being too young! I agree, this is by no means a movie for the close minded or children!

I think that Sacha Baron Cohen is brilliant and a very talented actor. Parts of the movie were a great social experiment and really gave a glimpse into how sad and pathetic our society has become. For instance the casting call scene where he was looking for babies to pose in pics. One parent said they would starve their child or even have it get lipo to lose 10 lbs. in a week. I believe it! Just watch an episode of Toddlers and Tiaras...stage mother's are the worst!

The movie is only 90 minutes but, let me tell you that was long enough. It felt like it went on forever. So would I see it again...no. Am I glad I saw it...I guess so. Personally, I would have rather seen The Hangover again. That to me is the funniest movie of the summer.

There's only 1 character left for Cohen to portray. Not sure if Ali G can top Bruno.

And that's the world according to me...Maggie