Austin Bakes (DELICIOUSNESS) for Japan

Posted by admin on Friday, April 1, 2011

DO YOU LIKE DESSERT?? DO YOU ESPECIALLY LIKE CHEWY COOKIES, DECADENT BROWNIES, RICH CHOCOLATE AND SWEET PASTRIES?? (If you answered no to these questions, then you can’t be human!)

In an effort to raise money and awareness for the survivors in Japan, an event is occurring THIS SATURDAY, APRIL 2nd from 10 a.m. until at least 2 p.m. (that doesn’t interfere with your girls’ night out plans, so you have NO excuse NOT to attend!)

AmeriCares, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing humanitarian aid and disaster relief for Japan, is hosting Austin Bakes for Japan. This event will take place at various locations throughout Austin, including downtown Austin at Woof Gang Bakery; East Austin at Nomad Bar; West Austin at The Shops at Mira Vista; Central Austin at Foreign & Domestic; and South Austin at Hotel San Jose.

Over 80 home cooks and local Austin bakeries will be contributing their tasty baked treats and goodies, with the proceeds going to AmeriCares. Everyone’s sweet treat indulgences, from decadent chocolate brownies, cookies of all kinds and homemade pop tarts, along with special Japanese-themed cake pops (such a handy way to eat cake on the go!) will be homemade. You can also purchase gourmet pastries made by local bakeries. Many of the desserts are vegan, gluten free and dairy free to appeal to a wide range of palates!

Their goal is to raise at least $10,000 (if not more!) to aid those suffering from the aftermath of the recent catastrophe in Japan.

Austin Bakes for Japan has posted a convenient Google Map on their blog, which I have re-posted here so you can plot a path and make your way to them all!

You check out more about Austin Bakes for Japan at their blog: http://austinbakes.wordpress.com/, where they post pictures of what you can expect to see at the bake sale!

This is just a peek into the chocolate decadence you can expect to see at the West Austin location. (Photo taken from Austin Bakes for Japan blog)

These gluten and dairy free circles of love will be available at the West Austin location at The Shops of Mira Vista! (Photo taken from Austin Bakes for Japan blog)

These pastries of sweet and flaky perfection can be found at the downtown Austin location at Woof Gang Bakery! (Photo taken from Austin Bakes for Japan blog)