Dancer, Light Spinner and Student, Katie Bordini, Gives Us The Low-Down on Gogo, Costumes and Creepers In The Club

Photos: Jeff Ramirez

Katie Bordini, 25

Hometown: San Antonio

Major: Advertising 

... continue reading

Student Photographer Melanie Watson Talks Life Behind the Lens

The Study Breaks Spotlight of the day is our sweet Melanie Watson, 22. Her hometown is in Midland, and her major is Human Development and Family Studies. Here are some Q&A's with Melanie; let's see what she has to say, and let's get to know her!

What’s your favorite part of photography?

I greatly enjoy getting to know my clients. I love to hear about their life and story. I love being... continue reading

We Talk Life On Air And Off With KTSW Station Manager, Melissa Bond

Another Campus Spotlight of the day goes to Melissa Bond, 21, who is from Glenrothes, Scotland. She is currently majoring in Mass Communication, and is working as KTSW station manager. Let's take a look at her like in KTSW!

As KTSW station manager, what exactly do you do?

As station manager, my main roles are making sure all of the departments at the station are running smoothly and acting... continue reading

Opus Orange: 20 Facts You Don't Know!

If you like Broken Bells, The Cure and Arcade Fire, check out OPUS ORANGE! 20 Things You Don’t Know About Us!

1. Opus is a reference to Chopin’s Fantasie Impromptu, Opus 66.  Orange is a reference to Charles Mingus’ “Orange Was The Color Of Her Dress.”

2. PB sometimes plays hammered piano harmonics, which is the sound you hear at the beginning of the song “The Next World.”

3. When we perform live, all... continue reading

Wade Bowen: 20 Things You Should Know

If you like Gary Allen, check out WADE BOWEN! 20 Things You Don’t Know About Me...

1. I'm a sports addict.

2. Pebble Beach is my favorite golf course.

... continue reading