Nocturnal Run 2015

Nocturnal Lands

Nocturnal Lands Nocturnal Lands Previously known as the Nocturnal Lands 5k, Night Nation run is back again. Study Breaks had the pleasure of attending last years event and we are stoked to be invited back this year. The Night Nation Run is the worlds first Running Music Festival. It’s pretty hard not to have a […]

0 comments
Study Breaks Magazine Pria-Urbana

Praia Urbana 2015: A True Visual-Audio Experience

Praia Urbana Praia Urbana Praia Urbana, the largest electronic music festival in Texas was a blast. Study Breaks had the pleasure of being invited by our friend DJ Bobby Blyss who always puts on a great performance behind the turn tables. There was a plethora of lights and sounds emitting off the stage, with laser […]

0 comments
III Bones

III Bones

III BonesReader Rating 5 Votes71% (pronounced Three Bones) is an unsigned quartet from Austin that has been making music together since 2013. Majoring in psychedelic rock with a minor in R&B soul, the group blends together the two to create a unique sort of lo-fi soul, reminiscent of The Velvet Underground mixed in a blender […]

0 comments
Hunter S. Thompson

The Rum Diary: The Perfect Summer Book

The Rum Diary is Essentially the Perfect Summer, Captured in a Novel Beaches, Rum, the Police, and Hunter S. Thompson By: Mark Stenberg  From the July issue   Much like allowing the temperature to dictate one’s food choice, it makes sense to match climate with literature. While it sounds uncouth—maybe even groundbreaking—it makes sense if you think about it. Thompson […]

0 comments
The End of the Tour

“The End of the Tour” Premieres Today

The End of the Tour is a Must-See for Wallace Fans Jason Segel Delivers a Career-Defining Performance as the Troubled Wallace Check out the trailer for The End of the Tour, the movie adaptation of Rolling Stones writer David Lipsky’s Although of Course You End Up Becoming Yourself, a chronicle of his five-day road trip with writer David […]

0 comments
Mark Tyler Leavens

Mark Tyler Leavens Discusses Life After Art Degree

Austin Artist and Recent Graduate Mark Tyler Leavens Talks Artistic Turkey, Including His New Work Check him out at: marktylerleavens.com  By: Mark Stenberg From the August issue of Study Breaks   When Mark Tyler Leavens graduated in 2014 with a degree Studio Art, like many post-grads and all artists he asked himself how he […]

0 comments
Sip Sip Band Photo

The Band So Nice They Named It Sip Sip

Sip Sip is Study Breaks’ August Band of the Month 19 Kids and Counting With Instruments   From the August Issue Vanessa Delgado Forged in the summer of 2009 from fragments of Mother Falcon and Corduroi, Sip Sip is a 17-member collective with a dirty, brassy sound. Originally just a creative release, the ragtag group has since evolved into a […]

0 comments
Day 1 of Austin City Limits Music Festival on October 2, 2009.  Full Moon over the Austin Skyline.

Hip Hop’s Place in Austin

Rap’s Regional Diversity and the Future of Austin Hip Hop By Will Strecker   Let’s turn back the clock thirty years. Hip-hop was a fairly new genre of music with a very specific fanbase. The vast majority of artists and their art hailed from either the east coast and New York City or the west coast […]

0 comments